Jackeea's Maps

Started by Jackeea, November 22, 2013, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackeea

Here's a list of some of the weird and wonderful maps that I've thrown together in a couple of days, enjoy! or not...
1. Asteroid Core

Skars and Lia have been warped to a mysterious asteroid, where the Loki have corrupted yet another "weapon"- an improved version of Guppies. They find it IMPOSSIBLE to advance, so their only goal is to try to survive for as long as possible- but for how long?
"More information"
To put it bluntly, what do Guppies do? Transport packets, or ore. They can't transport AC Packets. However, the Ticons managed to make a Guppy capable of transporting AC, and used those improved guppies. So, what did the Loki do? Take over these guppies. The guppies will land on the asteroid, starting at intervals roughly around every minute when you start the map, but getting faster. When the "guppies" land, they'll start emitting Creeper, round about 10 every 0.5 seconds at first, but getting faster, and more intense as you go along. You can, however, nullify these.

So, what does this effectively mean? Emitters that shoot down from the top of the screen, land and... well, emit. :P
[close]
"Hints"
You know, when you have built a Nullifier, if you have the energy, you can still build more and they'll all lock onto the same Emitter, then maybe fire. However, they'll lose some ammo, then when the "guppy" is destroyed, it's ammo will replenish via packets. This means that you can nullify a "guppy", and place nullifiers atop the PZs that you'll inevitably get, which will easily destroy the waves of emitters.

"How the "guppies" work"
They start out at a base rate of emitting 10 Creeper every 15 frames, or 0.5 seconds. Then, a random number from 0 and 5 is picked, and added to the Creeper that the emitter emits.

The interval is a little more complicated. Basically, if the interval is equal to or more than 1 frame (0.03 seconds, the fastest possible), then there is a (Interal in frames)/100 chance that the interval will decrease by 1 in every wave.

The time it takes for the emitters to be created starts out at 1800 frames, or once every minute, but that speeds up. If there are less than 15 of the emitters "in range" (basically on screen), then the interval is reduced by a random integer from 0 to 30 frames (1 second).

How many emitters are emitted is a little complicated too. There is a variable called "loopnum" which controls how many are emitted. Loopnum starts out at a value of 1, and increases by 0.25 each time emitters are released. The amount of emitters released is a random integer between Loopnum as an integer and Loopnum + 2 as an integer. So, on average, at the start of the map, 2 emitters will be released, then after 4 waves, 3 will be released, then after 4 waves, 4 will be released, and so on.
[close]

[close]

Relli

Corrupted Guppies... Genius. I wonder how long it'll be before we have every Corrupted building possible. Then we can combine them all and the real game begins :P

Karsten75

I'm not really sure about this. How do I complete this map? I sit there and build replacement nullifiers on every incoming wave, but I can't find a way to finish or post a score.

Helper

Nice graphics and a clever concept - as far as it goes.
What are we supposed to do when we get tired of killing the mutant Guppies?

Jackeea

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 23, 2013, 06:48:14 AM
I'm not really sure about this. How do I complete this map? I sit there and build replacement nullifiers on every incoming wave, but I can't find a way to finish or post a score.
Quote from: Jackeea on November 22, 2013, 07:21:07 PM
Here's a list of some of the weird and wonderful maps that I've thrown together in a couple of days, enjoy! or not...
1. Asteroid Core
-snip-
Skars and Lia have been warped to a mysterious asteroid, where the Loki have corrupted yet another "weapon"- an improved version of Guppies. They find it IMPOSSIBLE to advance, so their only goal is to try to survive for as long as possible- but for how long?
-snip-

You can't finish this map, it's a "survival" map- you've got to survive for as long as possible.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Helper on November 23, 2013, 11:24:36 AM
Nice graphics
Graphics were taken from Knuckle Cracker wiki concept art under the name "Scout".

Karsten75

Well, two problems. Maybe Virgil should consider if there is something he can do with this.

1. You'd not be able to submit a map like this into Colonial Space.
2. Nobody would be able to post a comparative score.

Jackeea

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 23, 2013, 06:59:01 PM
Well, two problems. Maybe Virgil should consider if there is something he can do with this.

Yeah, I'm working on a CRPL script, that basically finds out when you've got no CN's left, then destroys all the enemy units, then changes your score/time depending on how long you lasted. I'll probably make it so that the map subtracts your time from a large time, like 100,000 seconds, then makes that your elapsed time, and alters the score accordingly.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Jackeea on November 23, 2013, 07:14:22 PM

Yeah, I'm working on a CRPL script, that basically finds out when you've got no CN's left, then destroys all the enemy units, then changes your score/time depending on how long you lasted. I'll probably make it so that the map subtracts your time from a large time, like 100,000 seconds, then makes that your elapsed time, and alters the score accordingly.
Use inverse proportionality, eg 1000 divided by (time survived)

pawel345

Instead of no CN as that don't mean defeat in CW3, check when has the creeper flooded all of the map? or when there are no units on map? but that would need to start after a while. Maybe creeper flooded 70% and no units other than CN?

Jackeea

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 23, 2013, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: Jackeea on November 23, 2013, 07:14:22 PM

Use inverse proportionality, eg 1000 divided by (time survived)

Yeah, I'll probably do something like that. When I was playing the map, with something like 25 Blasters, 5 PZ Mortars and about 10 Sprayers and Shields, I got to about 1 hour into the game before I started losing blasters. So, let's say that the maximum time you can stay alive is about double that, with full Aether upgrades and about twice the firepower. The CRPL reference tells me that I can either "SetGameTime", "SetGameTimeFrames" and "GetGameTimeFrames". Now, I don't know how "SetGameTime" works, but I'd assume that it works in milliseconds. I don't know for sure, so I'm using frames here. 2 hours in frames is 216,000. So, what I'd most probably do, is take a larger number, like 4 hours (432,000 frames), and subtract the game time, then destroy all the enemy units. My time of 1 hour is 108,000 frames, and 432,000 - 108,000 = 324,000 frames, or a total of 3 hours time. I'd probably have to change the Score too, and I'd most likely make your score equal the amount of frames you survived, divided by 100, so my final ranking would be a time of 3:00:00 and a score of 1080.

Quote from: pawel345 on November 24, 2013, 04:24:28 AM
Instead of no CN as that don't mean defeat in CW3, check when has the creeper flooded all of the map? or when there are no units on map? but that would need to start after a while. Maybe creeper flooded 70% and no units other than CN?

I could probably do that, or alternatively, make a CRPL Core constantly check a single cell to see if there's any Creeper on it, and if so, end the mission, and do what I mentioned above. It'd be much more resource-friendly than checking all the cells, but if the player's defences were behind that point, there'd be a flaw. I might consider changing the big AC Emitter in the centre to something like a bomb that blows up the asteroid if Creeper touches it, making this mission more about protection than survival.

pawel345

you can always use the AddAdditionalScore and make a core that adds 1 every second or something.