Conversation Problems

Started by Jackeea, November 22, 2013, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackeea

When I've been trying to save a finalized map, and open up that map, the conversations never show up when I open the map, I have to click on the "Archived Conversations" box. I've tried saving and loading the map, restarting it, but nothing's working. What do I need to do, in order for the conversations to show up when I open the map straight away? I'm not using any CRPL for the conversations, just the "Conversation Editor" box in the editor.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Jackeea on November 22, 2013, 06:37:45 PM
When I've been trying to save a finalized map, and open up that map, the conversations never show up when I open the map, I have to click on the "Archived Conversations" box. I've tried saving and loading the map, restarting it, but nothing's working. What do I need to do, in order for the conversations to show up when I open the map straight away? I'm not using any CRPL for the conversations, just the "Conversation Editor" box in the editor.
Finalise it. It'll work.

Jackeea

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 22, 2013, 06:42:37 PM
Finalise it. It'll work.
I've tried finalising it, and it doesn't work. It just stays in the "Archived Conversations" tab, and not when you first start the map.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Jackeea on November 22, 2013, 06:45:07 PM
Finalise it. It'll work.
I've tried finalising it, and it doesn't work. It just stays in the "Archived Conversations" tab, and not when you first start the map.
Okay then. Make a CRPLcore and add to it the following script:

once
   Self "main" "NONE" SetImage
   ShowConversation
   PauseGame
   Self 0 Destroy
endonce

That should do it. (replace the 3 spaces in the middle four lines with a TAB)

Jackeea

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 22, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
Quote from: Jackeea on November 22, 2013, 06:45:07 PM
Finalise it. It'll work.
Okay then. Make a CRPLcore and add to it the following script:

once
   Self "main" "NONE" SetImage
   ShowConversation
   PauseGame
   Self 0 Destroy
endonce

That should do it. (replace the 3 spaces in the middle four lines with a TAB)

Yep, that worked almost perfectly, thank you! ^^ I just needed to change it so that it didn't make a PZ when destroyed, and move it far away, but besides that, it worked fine!

ThirdParty

I've had this problem too.  The game seems to be remembering which conversations I've seen, and storing that information somewhere other than in the save file.  (Even the built-in maps no longer show their conversations when I restart them.)

Since the information is stored somewhere other than the save file, I'm pretty sure that other people who play your map will still see the conversation, even if you don't.  Alternatively, you can reset it by editing the wording of the conversation text in some trivial way.