MadMag - Preview of maps

Started by MadMag, November 22, 2013, 05:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

A alpha preview of my maps that will be in Colonial Space..

Starting with another remake of a CW1 map. The Settlers
It is playable, but not near a finished map.

Original

20% done Remake (Image scaled down 50%) PS! Some cows might save your life.

Ninointeli

"Reach for the stars!,And if you don't grab them at least your top of the world!"

Lost in Nowhere

Don't die! :)

MadMag

try to nullify them, some of them carry goods.

Cavemaniac

My favourite maps were Alcatraz and battleships.

Any plans to recreate them?
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

MadMag

First I need to complete Area 256 and The Settlers. I have no plans after that, but your love for those maps will for sure make me think of a remake after I am done with The Settlers.

Edit: You always leave nice comments and I will because of that remake one for sure!
You pick one :)

TLMike

My God, I've been waiting so long for Area256 @_@
The alpha vid for it made me mildly obsessed. But, take your time. I'll wait it out.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: TLMike on November 22, 2013, 10:37:32 PM
My God, I've been waiting so long for Area256 @_@
The alpha vid for it made me mildly obsessed. But, take your time. I'll wait it out.

Area 256 was awesome - certainly the Beta version I played.

It was the first 'way bigger than one screen' CW3 map I ever played and it was a real learning curve, juggling multiple CN's/fronts.

It was big enough that you weren't in danger of being overrun immediately, but you'd better not muck around.

Also there were loads of different gameplay styles required - I used a guppy bridge and went Roman style as well as using a standard CW1 crater attack to name but three.

However...

The fact that MadMag is taking his time to re-do this map makes me wonder/worry about what he's got up his sleeve.

Area 256 was created before CRPL was available, and even before a lot of gameplay elements that we take for granted now were implemented - it even still had storage pods!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: MadMag on November 22, 2013, 07:22:34 PM
First I need to complete Area 256 and The Settlers. I have no plans after that, but your love for those maps will for sure make me think of a remake after I am done with The Settlers.

Edit: You always leave nice comments and I will because of that remake one for sure!
You pick one :)

Oh! Oh!

Alcatraz!

Wait, no, Battleships!

No, Alcatraz.

Yes!

Definitely Alcatraz!

MadMag

@TLMike

Area 256 is soon in a store nearby you ;)

TLMike

*Squeals like a fangirl and falls over in a daze*

Ninja

I want The March.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Cavemaniac

Otterbear

MadMag maps are truly great. (I won't say the best, because obviously Virgil has some great ones too.)
I will say that I have won the game and played about 20% of Tormented Space, Alpha Sector, and the Prospector Zone, and the only name I remember is MadMag. :D
Keep up the great work.

MadMag