Tromain's Maps

Started by Tromain, November 10, 2013, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tromain

Here's my first ever attempt at a CW map, please let me know what you think!

Just added my 2nd map, Creeper River!

And that's map #3, Sol. First time ever using script of any sort!

Ninointeli

Hmm this seems to be a little odd but I'd give it a try...
Not to be harsh or anything
Try to be a little more creative with more texture and stuff
I notice that new custom map players usually makes a pit like yours
"Reach for the stars!,And if you don't grab them at least your top of the world!"

Tromain

Not harsh at all, I know pits are over done, but I wanted to try and keep it basic but at the same time make it interesting. Once I get used to how the editor works fully I'll be making more complex maps(I hope).

Karsten75

So many energy crystals...

OK, so I've played it now. Time I will never get back. Playing a DMD map is more fun. There was no challenge in it at all. You over-provided energy and Aether. You made ore reserves, but didn't make any units that could use AC. Additionally, some of the ore reserves could not be reached except if others were used to build collectors on. Stacking units is ... I don't know, but has no interesting effect.

I had to wait for the walls to decay.  Waiting to play is kind of boring.

What makes maps fun is if there are challenges.

I hope you will make more maps, but make them a little harder and more challenging.

EDIT again: I will say this. You must have found an interesting trick to do this map in around 8 minutes. I tried a number of times and my best time was over 11 minutes.  Nice.

Tromain

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 10, 2013, 04:52:56 PM
So many energy crystals...

OK, so I've played it now. Time I will never get back. Playing a DMD map is more fun. There was no challenge in it at all. You over-provided energy and Aether. You made ore reserves, but didn't make any units that could use AC. Additionally, some of the ore reserves could not be reached except if others were used to build collectors on. Stacking units is ... I don't know, but has no interesting effect.

I had to wait for the walls to decay.  Waiting to play is kind of boring.

What makes maps fun is if there are challenges.

I hope you will make more maps, but make them a little harder and more challenging.

The purpose of the excessive crystals and ore is for the "story" in the conversation - the ship went to this planet to restock on supplies that had been depleted in previous battles, but when they arrived they found the creeper. Not sure how you played the map, but I personally:

Spoiler
connected all the totems and then used the singularity from the forge to hammer the centre area, along with the 2 berthas, this cleared the creeper enough to slam down a load of neutralizers to destroy everything. Total time for this was 8min 45s.
[close]

teknotiss

fun map, but a bit laggy! ::) maybe all that 2000M creeper kicking about!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Tromain

Quote from: teknotiss on November 10, 2013, 06:59:43 PM
fun map, but a bit laggy! ::) maybe all that 2000M creeper kicking about!  8)

Thanks, was really wanting to try out the singularity weapon, new toys and all that! Future maps won't be so bad on the lag front hopefully haha!

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 10, 2013, 04:52:56 PM
EDIT again: I will say this. You must have found an interesting trick to do this map in around 8 minutes. I tried a number of times and my best time was over 11 minutes.  Nice.

Here's how I did it in 8mins:

Spoiler
Place the command centre bottom left corner, build 2 siphons, use this energy to then build 3-4 beams to handle the spores. Build a chain a collectors around the map to connect to all the totems and position beams to cover them all. Totems have a huge exp boost, so you can max build speed and ramp up package speed. Build 2 berthas and aim them at the centre. Use the singularity weapon from the forge 100% fire into the centre. Every time it is ready fire the singularity into the centre over and over(as soon as 1 shot has finished firing it is ready for another really). Build collectors to reach to the middle and around the creeper pit, berthas and singularities will keep the creeper nicely packed tight, place neutralizers around the edge to kill the emitters. You really just need 1 to hit the inhibitor hiding in the pit and it's game over.
[close]

Tromain

Just posted up another map, hope you guys enjoy it!

Ninointeli

Whoa good job!
This one is better
Hmm I think... you should make the 3 emmiters in that's in front near where the CN are placed weak(make less creeper or slow it down)
That's all :)
"Reach for the stars!,And if you don't grab them at least your top of the world!"

Tromain

Map #3 is now up, hope you enjoy it!