Angle Grinder

Started by speef, December 08, 2013, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speef

I just won the story campaign and played with the level editor a little bit. I liked the result enough to post it.

This is a huge, very simple map that requires you to grind through copious amounts of creeper with limited tech. It's just my kind of map but it won't be everyone's cup of tea. :)

The missing tech is in two corners. Capturing either corner will let you clear the rest of the map quickly-but by then you'll have earned it. :P

Nothing fancy, but I had fun playing it. The difficulty is a bit lower than it could be (it doesn't force you to use every available space for reactors anymore), but I think it's set to a fun point. (More creeper makes it a little too long.)

I call it "Angle Grinder".

teknotiss

hey just started the angle grinder map and my first thought is no ore (well one ore, but since an un-upgraded sprayer needs three ore mines it may as well have no ore) and no totems.
very hard for me to even continue at this point, since it's just going to be a slog, especially with no tech upgrades, a aether resource with a few hundred would do.
then i had a look at the emitters, 4x250x0.5s and 4x300x1s...oh
this map has promise, but isn't really complete in my opinion, and after setting up for 5 mins i lost interest, perhaps if the techs were spread out and i had something to work for immediately i'd have been gripped, but since it's just as hard to get the thor (game winner) as it is the other techs (bertha is the only relevant one) i may as well just grab it and win and that'll take ages.
so my suggestions are...
LOTS more ore all over the place.
a few totems dotted around
put the terp tech nearish the center so players have a starting goal, and then have the bomber tech not far further, then the bertha tech in a hard to get to spot, but no too hard, and leave the thor tech where it is.
then players can choose to pickup one at a time, or build and go for thor.
so cheers for making the map, sorry just didn't enjoy it. hope my suggestions help  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus