albrittbrat's Maps

Started by albrittbrat, October 14, 2013, 01:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrittbrat

My first map, really just trying to get a feel for CRPL scripting. That center tower is a doosy. This map is win-able, but it is going to take you a while.

Finally figured out how to switch out attachments...

albrittbrat-Distant Hatred v1.2
Changelog:
Spoiler

v1.1
-Added totems to starting platform
-Removed Air Exclusion tower from Forge platform
-Greatly reduced max emission rate of ramping CRPL emitters
v1.2
-Overhauled primary tower script
  -Re-wrote color functions, now only update if a change is necessary, so it can update in 'real-time' without causing massive lag
  -Updated Green conditions (within outer digitalis) to only place random creeper within the fortress area, not just anywhere on the map
  -distance levels are now tiered inclusive (ie Red also does Green and Blue, Green also does Blue)
   -@GetClosestUnit function now check from absolute coordinates from center of the map instead of coordinates relative to CRPL tower
[close]

Michionlion

17 CRPL towers shouldn't lag your computer at all.  The massive map plus tons of Creeper plus all the weapons needed will lag your computer.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

txarum

how is this map win-able?
that thing broke every possible key system in my base. all my reactor farms was gone in minutes. I found absolutely no way of preventing things form getting destroyed

albrittbrat

txarum, I have beaten this map, but it took several attempts and nearly 2 hours when it was said and done.
Though infrastructure damage is bound to occur, by placing shields inside of the outer perimeter, you can force the patrolling AC emitters to pump a never ending supply of AC into the regions where you have built up infrastructure. This in combination with a generous amount of cannons allows for victory. Moving your CN to the outer ring also helps, since the packets have a much shorter distance to travel to the important units at that point.

All in all, this was just a test map to help me learn CRPL and see how much I could throw at the Unity engine before it started to slow down. There are several code tweaks that need to be made for balance, and I need to re-work the color system now that Virgil explained the difference between float and int values of the color commands. I don't plan on uploading this to the custom map space when Virgil releases it though. Maps that take this long to beat generally aren't that enjoyable.

Regards to txarum and anyone else that this first map of mine frustrated. My future maps will probably be more puzzle-based anyway.

TLMike

Quote from: albrittbrat on October 17, 2013, 08:02:27 PM
.... My future maps will probably be more puzzle-based anyway.

I love puzzle maps.

Also, there's a bit of Digitalis along the north rail toward the starting platform that doesn't work correctly.