Xindaris' Maps

Started by Xindaris, October 12, 2013, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xindaris

Just gonna put maps I make in here. The titles are direct links to the .cw3 file. Preview image under the spoiler. All comments welcome in-thread!

1. Cornered! (10/12/2013)
Four landing pads, but only 3 command nodes! Be careful; the inhibitor gets stronger if you place units too close. For a bonus challenge, try limiting yourself to just one or two command nodes.
Spoiler
[close]

1. The Hydra (10/20/2013)
Can anything ever really be as simple as it looks?
Spoiler
[close]

Xindaris

Added a map. Hoping someone will try one of these out and comment soon so I don't have to triple post for the next one.

Karsten75

No offense, and this goes for every other custom map maker out there. I'm not playing custom maps until there is a way that I can see a score on a map before I play it. There are just too many ways that people can make it over-hard (or even impossible) to beat a map. The quadrants map looks interesting, but...

Xindaris

Would you like me to go take a screenshot of my scores on these maps? I could do that, but I have to go back and take the time to play both again..which will be a while...

Grauniad

Thanks to Virgil's autosave you don't have to replay the map. :)

Simply load the map again. Then click on Menu and load the autosave.  That will have the completion position you had at the end. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Karsten75

I played the quadrants map. Not bad. Deceptive, but one just need to ignore the distractions...

teknotiss

played the hydra, killed the first emitter in 53 secs and won, two other emitters did generate but i didn't need to take them on to win, fun concept, but the win condition seems to be a game breaker
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Xindaris

Weird, I know it worked before..might be something with a recent update. Maybe an off-map tower that dies when the emitters are finished or something will work..I'll try and get it working proper when I find the time.

Till then, if you want to play it as intended you can import it as a project and play until all of the emitters are dead. Or, wait, just play past victory? The submitted scores don't matter much yet anyway, since Colonial Space isn't up yet..and it's all about fun anyhow, right?

teknotiss

true, i'll have another bash soon i guess, but it might be worth asking V to see if he knows why it fails to work correctly, it maybe something in how he changed the win check function (which i think he did recently, did he move the order the check is performed? i fail to remember correctly)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ninointeli

Xindaris very nice maps!
But can you lower the spore towers to 1 or 2? lol
I was doing pretty well until those came along which was to many for my beams >:(
"Reach for the stars!,And if you don't grab them at least your top of the world!"