Pawel345's maps-disscusion and download

Started by pawel345, October 11, 2013, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Well I just made such a map and through that I can upload it. No special CRPL or anything just a bunch of emitters and digitalis, but it was a pretty hard map at least for me. Let me know if you liked it and what to change or improve by the next map.

EDIT: A new map, on a concept similar to Clean0nion's Domorthea, the enemies are getting progressively stronger as you play. But the map is rather easy.

Another map called The Eight Towers, the concept is to make the map different depending on the order in which you destroy enemies. I borrowed 3p's script for corrupted beam and V's for chimera guns.

New Map: Enemy Command Node, It's a DMD map with a new enemy an enemy CN that will gather energy form creeper and enemy collectors, expand a network and then build drones and embitters to destroy player structures. Borrowed 3P's script for corrupted beam.

teknotiss

my immediate suggestion is that you name your maps with your username, that way players won't get mixed up with who made which map in their load folder.
i'll play the map and let you know what i think  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

pawel345

Today I made a new map, and I plan to make a series of it. A little bit CPRL in this one, but no custom enemies as of yet. Please tell any opinions and suggestions.

Map: Ticon Space Station Navox_T-alpha entrance to the hangar.

pawel345

A random map I made while testing out a CRPL script. You start with only one loaded guppy and no CN's available. There are 4 charging stations on the map that will replenish ammo and AC to any unit on them. Use them wisely.

J

Quote from: pawel345 on October 20, 2013, 08:02:02 AM
A random map I made while testing out a CRPL script. You start with only one loaded guppy and no CN's available. There are 4 charging stations on the map that will replenish ammo and AC to any unit on them. Use them wisely.
yay, 120 free energy/second!

Nice, quick map but way too easy to start. Creeper did come close but with 120 energy production you can easily handle that. You might want to add a PZ to the charge stations to make me think of building a weapon on it, but the PZ effect on guppy's is also very nice here. Still, interesting concept.

pawel345

I made a new map that increases in difficulty as the player destroys enemies. See first post to download. Name: Small Islands

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on November 17, 2013, 08:59:47 AM
I made a new map that increases in difficulty as the player destroys enemies. See first post to download. Name: Small Islands
Nice map you have there!

TLMike

Pawel,  as fun as No CN was, it was made of glitches. Here are some I observed:

1. When the map begins, the Spore Tower graphics are massive. I guess because you have them building at -600+% progress. When they come back below 100%, the images normalize. Thought it was weird.

2. And perhaps most game-breaking: After the initial Guppy is destroyed, new Guppies will not build. I don't know why, but you can build as many Guppies as you can with the original supply, but no more after it's destroyed. I'm really not sure why that's a game mechanic.

3. I forget, but I know I noticed a third one....

So, I'm not really complaining, because the map was fun, and beatable, which is the important part. Just glitchy.

pawel345

You can build guppies after the first one is destroyed, the problem occurs that a guppy will not send packets if it's connected directly to it's own base. That's the reason your starting area is so large :P

As for The spore towers, that's because i reseted time after they where build, sorry, but I through it looked fun so I left it as it is :P

Ceraus

Played your two first maps.

Void Islands had one of the most entertaining starts I've ever played; there were so many options and things to do! Also, the Digitalis mostly keeps to space, but it's full of Creeper, so cutting it off is quite dangerous. My strategy follows; it got me a very quick time, considering.

Spoiler
I guessed the custom inactive Tower on the leftmost island was there just to leave a Power Zone, so I outright killed it. Is there anything special to it?

Anyway, I used the 500 extra Energy to quickly cover the island in Collectors and built 2 Guppies and a Forge. I went for an economy-oriented strategy, so I plopped a Reactor on the Power Zone.

My Guppies assaulted the 2 isolated Spore Towers before they could complete and nabbed the nearby Aether; I lost the rightmost Siphon at 6 Aether left, I think. I then rerouted a Guppy to the top-left island, so that it would start building before I even sent the Relay, and the other to the non-threatened middle island, for the Aether.

The PZ-Reactor was always intended as temporary; its Energy actually allowed me to build its replacements. After the first Spore attack or two, I destroyed it and put a Relay in its place, joining the top island. Knowing I was swimming in Energy and didn't really need to defend, most of the upgrades I took were about Build and Packet Speed.

At about the 3 or 4-minute mark, I had filled all available space, so I used Guppies to build an assault force on the central island. Unfortunately, I mis-timed the Guppy refills and Spores killed off a couple Collectors and a dozen in-construction Beams and other weapons. My last save was far back, so I just rebuilt everything, the Build Speed keeping my time loss low.

Then I took the islands in what I believe is the expected order and manner, linking them with PZ-Relays. A handful of non-PZ Berthas joined the fun; in retrospect, I could have left the islands unconnected and used the PZs for Berthas. At some point, I started importing Ore from the bottom-right Anti-Creeper island.

I used Strafers to cut the Digitalis off from the elongated island, which I then took over. During the rest of the map, I had gradually thinned the Creeper stuck in the space-Digitalis, so I put a few Blasters and Sprayers on my threatened islands and cut off the remaining Digitalis, which, as expected, quickly filled the void, but left my islands unscathed.

I then ended the map with a time of 21 minutes.
[close]

Small Islands, just like Domorthea, maintains difficulty to the end and has you carefully consider where you put your Relays. But where Domorthea limits your Energy income by threatening you with overwhelming Spores, this map severely restricts building space and the amount of firepower you can concentrate on Creeper. Again, the beginning is interesting, with a rain of Creeper that luckily happens only once. Without spoiling anything, know that every Tower generates more Creeper for every Tower you kill. How it went for me:

Spoiler
I didn't know what to expect at first, so I built a weapon of each type and all available Reactors. Knowing something was amiss, I saved before destroying the first Tower, and all the others started producing Creeper. I couldn't see their output, but it looked higher than the base 20-0.5.

Hopping through the bottom-left islands was simply tedious. The Towers emit a lot of Creeper and the distance between islands makes it hard to thin it. I left a Mortar on a PZ, targeted the Strafer and Bomber and Terp'd the terrain up. Multiple times, mostly on 4X.

Once I finally got the Forge, things went more smoothly. I quickly got that the next Tower emitted wherever, so I kept some distance, took most surrounding islands (and their techs) and finally assaulted it.

The rest of the map was straightforward: build up Energy and Berthas, assault stronger and stronger Towers. I think that part could have been shortened.
[close]

pawel345

About Void Islands:
Spoiler
Yes the tower was there for a PZ and it also increased the creeper flow rate on digitalis. The main point of that map was
a) to make a fun space island map
b) to show that sometimes dead digitalis can be more threatening than living, and even on space island maps your base can be attacked
[close]

And as for Small islands:
Spoiler

The output is calculated (enemies max - enemies on map)*20 and 15 frames delay. Also the spore towers send and additional spore for every 12 i think unit's you build. When testing the map I collected the forge before destroying the first core so I guess it was easier for me :P Also the randomly spawning tower will spawn AC instead of creeper inside of shields :P as for the last part probably yes that's why on my new map there is only 8 cores :P
[close]

Otterbear

Hey Pawel345, I just played Void Islands, and I found it very fun. I wasn't sure for a while how I was going to win, but I did. Very creative and you didn't need to tie my hands to make it fun. 10 out of 10!

Just finished the Eight Towers....whew!...that was fun. 10 for 10 again!

pawel345

Glad you like it :D I have a few more ideas, especially one about making a map with a corrupted CN but it might be a bit too hard to script it...

Otterbear

Quote from: pawel345 on December 04, 2013, 03:11:13 PM
Glad you like it :D I have a few more ideas, especially one about making a map with a corrupted CN but it might be a bit too hard to script it...

Whoa there cowboy!...lol. Good luck with that.  I just finished Small Islands Linear,....Whew!...It will be awhile before I tackle that one again. That was tough. Fun though. Another 10 out of 10. PS:Any tougher and the points start to fall off.  ;)

pawel345

I'm in the process of making a new map, and I tried to make an EnemyCN. This here is a first version that only makes towers of one type(Enemy Collecors that spawn digitalis and add energy for the enemy) 500 energy = new collector, the collectors tend to grout together but sometimes a new one can get spawned far away form others. They can be nullified as for now, and I'm thinking about including other methods of destruction. The CN can't be nullified but takes damage form snipers. It absorbs creeper as ammo. Current ammo can be checked with a mouse-over.