Custom Map #1736: Battlefield-1

Started by AutoPost, December 01, 2012, 07:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1736: Battlefield-1

Author: yum234

Desc:

Tromain

Love the map, but I must be missing something! I managed to take out the first emitter in the large snaking path, but I can't get anywhere near the second one, even using loads of c-bombs!

yum-forum

Quote from: Tromain on December 01, 2012, 04:27:47 PM
Love the map, but I must be missing something! I managed to take out the first emitter in the large snaking path, but I can't get anywhere near the second one, even using loads of c-bombs!

Thank You for comments!  This map not too easy, but I hope interesting and optimistic. Attack the lardge snaking path step by step by many c-bombs (6-8 c-bombs in one attack) in combination with shields building. First 2 emitters most dificult, then become easy...  You can attack in the same time by c-bombs region of  second emitter and region above it and isolate space near second emitter by shields. When You get path for above part of map then You can kill second emitter by attacking  by c-bombs with combination of launchers and blasters and building shields or even You can remain blocked (not killed)  second emitter and finish game (type of game is acquisition!).
Good luck!
P.S. Special appreciation for users who not yet finished game, but positive voted it.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Cavemaniac

Quote from: yum-forum on December 01, 2012, 06:30:47 PM
Quote from: Tromain on December 01, 2012, 04:27:47 PM

Thank You for comments!  This map not too easy, but I hope interesting and optimistic. Attack the lardge snaking path step by step by many c-bombs (6-8 c-bombs in one attack) in combination with shields building. First 2 emitters most dificult, then become easy...  You can attack in the same time by c-bombs region of  second emitter and region above it and isolate space near second emitter by shields. When You get path for above part of map then You can kill second emitter by attacking  by c-bombs with combination of launchers and blasters and building shields or even You can remain blocked (not killed)  second emitter and finish game (type of game is acquisition!).
Good luck!
P.S. Special thanks for users which not finished game, but positive voted it.

What he said!

Two things to add - firstly, use a string of C-Bombs set off all at once or rolling forwards within a second. Use the 'p' pause key to get your timing right and save before a big 'push'.

Also, (secondly) watch out for your anit-creeper turning into creeper if the density gets too big!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Tromain

Quote from: Cavemaniac on December 01, 2012, 09:02:44 PM
What he said!

Two things to add - firstly, use a string of C-Bombs set off all at once or rolling forwards within a second. Use the 'p' pause key to get your timing right and save before a big 'push'.

Also, (secondly) watch out for your anit-creeper turning into creeper if the density gets too big!

That's what I was trying, had 3 columns of blasters, with a column of launchers behind them, column of shields in front of the blasters. Sent 6-8 CBs out so they overlapped and would destroy all the creeper in the section of tunnel I was in, and 1-2 CBs for the 3rd emitter in that path also, pause, detonate all CBs at once, place shields down 3-4 spaces deeper and move all the weapons to the new shield wall and repeat.

First emitter in that path was gone on the first wave of CBs, but when I nuked the second set of CBs the AC would pile on my shields and turn into creeper Destroying everything in the tunnel. Tried deactivating the bottom shield to let the AC past and reactivate before creeper got through but the creeper just respawned too fast to get a nullifier off.

That said, I'm still trying! This map is one of your best IMHO Yum, I've struggled with most of your maps and often given up, but I can't accept defeat on this one! :D

yum-forum

Quote from: Tromain on December 02, 2012, 09:27:19 AM

I'm still trying! This map is one of your best IMHO Yum, I've struggled with most of your maps and often given up, but I can't accept defeat on this one! :D
[/quote]

Causing respect great efforts! 
After killing first emitter prepare about 10 c-bombs, put it near second and near ( and to the left of) third emitters, detonate all CBs and place shields between second and third emitters and to the left of third emitter. Then not necessary nulify second emitter (time to time detonate near second emitter 1 c-bomb and build on destroyed shields new shields) - go forward!
Good luck!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Cavemaniac

Quote from: yum-forum on December 02, 2012, 10:04:29 AM

Causing respect great efforts! 
After killing first emitter prepare about 10 c-bombs, put it near second and near ( and to the left of) third emitters, detonate all CBs and place shields between second and third emitters and to the left of third emitter. Then not necessary nulify second emitter (time to time detonate near second emitter 1 c-bomb and build on destroyed shields new shields) - go forward!
Good luck!

Again, what he said!

Notes:

After building just one Blaster to attend to the initial rising column of creeper to the left, I completed the map with ONLY C-BOMBS - i.e. no weapons required for the final push up the snake path, just C-Bombs. Forget blasters and launchers, they can't handle the volume of creeper you'll encounter.

C-Bombs - line them up - a string of them right down the middle of the path, set them all off at once (pause the game to do this). I literally had 50+ C-Bombs built and ready to deploy at any given moment (you'll need to really build up your reactor banks to power this level of construction!) and would deploy them in waves of 8-10 at a time. (increasing unit move speed is a good idea!).

Micro-rifts - build new ones every few squares so your packets have a short distance to travel. And spend your tech points on packet speed (vital!!).

Shields - the most important piece of the puzzle! The moment you trip the C-Bombs, build shields ALL around the emitter and in all of the squares where you've converted creeper to AC. Some of them won't get built, but those that do will either trap AC (and stop it converting to creeper when it gets too dense), or create a safe wall from behind which you can build more micro-rifts or a nullifier if you're near an emitter. Leave the shields in place to stop the AC slopping around!

And pause, pause, pause.

Hope this helps!

JoshT

Exactly what Cave said.  Lots of c-bombs, lots of shields (I actually destroyed all my shields at one point to see what it'd do, big mistake!), and lots of pausing. Oh and lots of microrifts.  I tend to build them two to three shields deep just in case the creeper destroys that first row of walls.  I used the bottom as a sort of staging area and built a microrift ever three squares or so.  That way I always had a c-bomb directly next to a rift.  Also helped to keep replenishing the c-bombs.

teknotiss

also ctrl+c = quick save
ctrl+v = quick load
saved me a lot of time knowing that!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Cavemaniac

Quote from: teknotiss on December 02, 2012, 07:14:36 PM
also ctrl+c = quick save
ctrl+v = quick load
saved me a lot of time knowing that!  8)

What he said!

Laela

Difficult map. Managed to survive 6 min.