Custom Map #309: The Ancient Series Part Two: The training

Started by AutoPost, October 11, 2011, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #309: The Ancient Series Part Two: The training

Author: FreeForTaking

Desc:
This is the second part och the epic series The Ancient Series. I can gladly tell taht the first part got good critisism, and i intend to let you enjoy the experience of these series! In this part, we have Alaña a captain apprentise that hope to become a captain one day, and this is the day when it might get true! (A small tip: Play it once or twice just to see ow the fields move so you know exactly how to handle them!)

UmberGryphon

I found this easier than your first map.  When an emitter has a field pointing its creeper away from a destroyable wall, it's too easy to kill--just sneak up "behind" it with some forcefields.

Was still fun, and I still want to see more from you.

FreeForTaking

This one would i also say was easier, but this one is focused about how to understand how the fields work, you have to sneak up behind to complete this due to that otherwise you'll be totally overrun rather quickly ;)

And you will, planning on my third map, and It'll be harder than this one if i can make it as i want ;)

Colin

Thanks for making this map FFT, I found
myself playing it over and over again to
get a good score! (Still needs to post a
score at all)

Keep it up!  ;)

Okay, I posted a score, was an awesome
map!!!  :D
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

DethbyIT

Concur on the compliments.
Different enough from your first one to make us think, but fun to play.
I made some pretty obvious blunders, but wanted to post a score as a target for myself to beat.

Thank you for the work on this.
dbit

Katra

I got the top emitter from behind. (No shield necessary if you time it right; but one is cheap insurance against stray creeper.) Then it's a straight up slugfest; with the only strategy being where you use that lonely conversion bomb. (And what you do with the resulting AC.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Colin

Quote from: Katra on October 12, 2011, 12:45:49 AM
I got the top emitter from behind. (No shield necessary if you time it right; but one is cheap insurance against stray creeper.) Then it's a straight up slugfest; with the only strategy being where you use that lonely conversion bomb. (And what you do with the resulting AC.)

Its actually not a slog fest.

Spoiler
Notice how the fields move, like he says in the beginning.  ;)
Spoiler
Look at how the level 3 fields are separated by level 4 fields.
[close]
[close]

I thought it was rather clever, the one
AC bomb is for any mistakes you make.  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Katra

I may try this again. The moving fields just say don't enter the center chamber too soon.

I used the conversion bomb to blast my way down the middle of the bottom chamber. (And then let way too much of the AC back into the center chamber.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

burguertime

I think
Quote(A small tip: Play it once or twice just to see ow the fields move so you know exactly how to handle them!)
can almost translate to "dissecate the map in editor before playing"...
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

dp2112

Thanks for a great map.  Had to figure out where to put the only conversion bomb.  Then needed to direct/contain the AC to best deal with the creeper.