Custom Map #1450: CM Map 35. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, November 05, 2019, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1450: CM Map 35

Author: FOXX
Size: 344x288

Desc:
Custom Module Map 35 -> The Virus Module Made by Eiyatizu. See Forum for Info #EditStruc #TiconDefenseRange by Stckman #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis

FOXX

In Map 35 we have the Virus Module [by Eiyatizu]

Virus Module Stats

Range           = 30   Amped = 35
Energy Use      = 30   Amped = 30
Cooldown        = 8    Amped = 8 (frames)
Virus Health   = 22   Amped = 22
Virus Life   = 90   Amped = 90 (frames)
BuildCost = 50
[close]

Virus Module 2 Stats

Range           = 40   Amped = 45
Energy Use      = 30   Amped = 30
Cooldown        = 6    Amped = 6 (frames)
Virus Health   = 40   Amped = 40
Virus Life   = 150  Amped = 150 (frames)
BuildCost = 40
[close]

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

chwooly

Nice map,

Virus is an interesting concept
Things I noticed that might or might not be a hindrance to game play depending on playing style.

1) Very weak armour
2) Very Short Range
3) doesn't auto target very well.
4) very weak against dopples
5 Very overpowered when around a bunch of enemy ships with an enemy power supply.

Anyway, Thanks for the map.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Kalleion

The virus module is cool but does seem a bit OP since any hit seems to guarantee a kill. Also at 289,285 there is an invisible super fast struct builder that kinda trivializes the whole map since builds so fast it can kill enemy ships with ease.

ChaosMaster130

Yeah, the virus is a really cool idea but also pretty OP. at least vs doppels anyway.
Spoiler
And yeah the invisible super struct building seems to be a secret thing is a lot of FOXX's maps.
[close]
You may want to spoiler tag that btw Kalleion.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on November 05, 2019, 11:02:29 PM
Nice map,

Virus is an interesting concept
Things I noticed that might or might not be a hindrance to game play depending on playing style.

1) Very weak armour
2) Very Short Range
3) doesn't auto target very well.
4) very weak against dopples
5 Very overpowered when around a bunch of enemy ships with an enemy power supply.

Anyway, Thanks for the map.

You have done good research Chwooly,
This Module was written by Eiyatizu quite some time ago. Don't think he is here much lately.
I agree this is a very interesting concept, the module doesn't target doppels CM only Ships CM.

And welcome :)
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on November 07, 2019, 04:20:22 AM
Yeah, the virus is a really cool idea but also pretty OP. at least vs doppels anyway.
Spoiler
And yeah the invisible super struct building seems to be a secret thing is a lot of FOXX's maps.
[close]
You may want to spoiler tag that btw Kalleion.

I might use this module again later on with other settings.
About those Strucspawners

I added some extra friendly strucspawners some maps ago for the first time (mentioned that in the conversation, can't remember wich map)
Then i got the idea to add these in other maps to.
WHY

To save time when finalizing.
The testruns to see if all works as it should take a lot of time and also with finalizing this struc option saves me a lot of time so i can spend more time on making maps.
[close]
[close]

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

n3s

Going back through old maps / high rateds / favs and... man I love fast struc. It's so fun to send a line of struc to a space station and just watch it get eaten up until it explodes. Look ma, no hands!

Also love omnis but MAN I hate placing omnis.