Custom Map #1407: Who will win

Started by AutoPost, September 07, 2012, 10:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1407: Who will win

Author: yum234

Desc:

bla3

I saw the downvotes this map had gotten (0-3 when I snagged it) and expected a poor map but I have to say it's actually pretty deviously good. From what I can tell, there's no way to contain the creeper without getting into a ridiculously large and unsustainable "biggifying shield wall" (you know, when your 2 shield wall suddenly needs to be 4, then 6, then 8, etc because the creeper keeps destroying them and you have to bloom out), but the emitters are actually easy to get to, so it becomes a race to balance. I ended up losing one of my shield caps after both emitters had been destroyed, but I knew at that point it was just a matter of time until the existing creeper was destroyed. Fortunately the entrance to the underground reactor and research tunnels was on the other side of the map from the broken shield walls so I didn't lose too much energy, and I was able to clean it up without being restricted by "The Tide" -like energy limitations.

Good map, I liked it.

teknotiss

yeah i really like this map, but just can't stop overbuilding and so my time is terrible.  :(
good concept, but too tricky for the casual players to bother retrying probably, which is their problem not the maps or it's author!  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Coradon

I enjoyed it. Played it twice, once using the back doors, the other slugging it out with the creeper. Up voted!

SmileyCoder

I dont really see what the downvotes are for. Its really quite easy.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Bongo

The down voters didn't notice the digger. :P