What kind of file does the custom image importer expect?

Started by Xindaris, April 11, 2015, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xindaris

Just a simple question; I want to add a custom image to my map (specifically to represent "myself" in introductory conversation), but no matter what image format I use the "import image" function in the map editor doesn't seem to be able to recognize it. What am I doing wrong?

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Xindaris

So, here's the problem: I tried PNG first. It's not showing up as even being in the folder; am I missing something?

Telanir

It needs to be the same dimensions as the section you are adding it in. If it is 64x64, the .PNG must be that size. Same goes for the 128x128 and 256x256.

Edit: Also, it won't show up in the map folder, it goes directly into the map file. Once you "select" a file in the import window you should be able to see your image.
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

Xindaris

What I mean by it won't show up is that when I push "select" and it opens the "Open File" dialogue, I go to the folder the file is in and it doesn't show the file being there.

I've now added one file each of 64x64, 128x128 and 256x256 size to the folder and it still isn't showing any of them.

EDIT: Okay, apparently it can find the file fine if I rename its extension to ".cw3" instead of ".PNG". And it loads it in just fine, too. This is weird, but I'm fine with it. Sorry to be such a bother about this.

Telanir

That's fairly odd... it all shows up for me. I don't have to drag anything to the save folder though I just have it on another drive. o-o
Well, good that it works!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Xindaris

The problem seems to be specifically that for whatever reason the internal browser that's supposed to look for image files is set to only recognize files of the ".cw3" file type, but I have no idea why my copy of the game would do that and not anybody else's.

warren

Xindaris

It's on a windows 8, and I'm running the steam version (so presumably the newest update?)

Telanir

I am also running Windows 8 on the steam version, I've just tried moving the png files all over the place and the program does not seem to mind.

I seem to have found your issue though, it's all in the matter of capitalizing. If your filename is "filename.PNG" rename it to "filename.png", the program will see it that way. Hope this helps!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!