Play as Creeper Template

Started by Hubs, December 14, 2014, 12:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoaoPistori

This happens in the finalized map

stdout

The most current template was released by stewbasic on 2015-01-25. The file size is 147,551. If you're going to make a map, make sure you use the latest template.

The top post in this thread does not currently contain the most recent template. I'm attaching it here for everyone's convenience.

Karsten75

Quote from: stdout on July 21, 2015, 07:44:04 AM
The most current template was released by stewbasic on 2015-01-25. The file size is 147,551. If you're going to make a map, make sure you use the latest template.

The top post in this thread does not currently contain the most recent template. I'm attaching it here for everyone's convenience.

I will attach this to the top post as well.

D0m0nik

Hi

I was just wondering how the forge works in PAC maps, do you have to build up either and apply upgrades when creating the map or is there a way for this to happen during gameplay?

J

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 09, 2015, 10:45:41 AM
I was just wondering how the forge works in PAC maps, do you have to build up aether and apply upgrades when creating the map or is there a way for this to happen during gameplay?
Upgrades must be applied when editing. There's no CRPL command to set those during gameplay (and no player would buy them while playing).

Hubs

You'll need to build the forge and do the upgrades before finalizing the map. Fastest way to get a bunch of aether is to add some aether packets with the amount you want and gather it from that (much much faster than totems). Just let the game run for a bit to get enough to do the upgrades you want. One of the setbacks tho is if you test and want less upgrades, you'll need to destroy the forge (to reset all tech upgrades) and repeat the process.

As far as changing tech levels through CRPL, I looked into it a while ago and couldn't find a way to do it. You can get/set the tech limit, but I don't think you can change the actual level.

D0m0nik

Thank you both for your quick answers!

I am having a go at a PAC map for about the fifth time, I am not great at maps and so it takes ages! I will use the forge, it saves having to put in loads of reactors.

Cheers

Hubs

A trick I've used with my PAC maps it to stack reactors on a PZ. That saves loads of reactor space.

D0m0nik

QuoteA trick I've used with my PAC maps it to stack reactors on a PZ. That saves loads of reactor space.

I have noticed a strange happening with this, don't know if it is a bug. When reactors are stacked they are destroyed one at a time with the ones below surviving, it is as though each reactor is shielded by the reactor above it.

I am also having trouble finding where to add nulifiers in the Abraxis file. I have opened it in notepad and followed your instructions but I cannot work out where to add the command to add a nulifier. Could you please give me some even more idiot proof instructions?

Thanks

stdout

To add a nullifier, just leave the editor, point your mouse where you want the nullifer, and press "J".

There is a note at the top of the map that explains how to place nullifiers, as well as extra emitters and spore towers.

D0m0nik

Sorry, got caught up in the original instructions. The new template really does do all the hard work for you!

stdout

It sure does!

A tip for placing nullifiers: select the nullifier from the build menu and then it shows you the range circle as you float it around  the map. But don't place it - use the letter J instead to place. You can use J while you have nullifier selected. This takes the guess work out of whether each nullifier is in range of a PZ.

Hubs

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 12, 2015, 04:12:38 PM
QuoteA trick I've used with my PAC maps it to stack reactors on a PZ. That saves loads of reactor space.

I have noticed a strange happening with this, don't know if it is a bug. When reactors are stacked they are destroyed one at a time with the ones below surviving, it is as though each reactor is shielded by the reactor above it.

That's really odd, I've never noticed that before. They should all take damage at the same rate, unless creeper is consumed when dealing damage to an abraxis unit. Can you post video of this or a screenshot?

D0m0nik

Hi Hubs

I have attached two maps, Map 1 is the reactor blowing up, Map two is a new reactor building underneath another perfectly healthy one! It appears that the bottom one each time is destroyed, or at least that is how the image is stacked. Excuse my lack of technical nouse!

Hubs

GetUnitsInRange(<-X <-Y 0) 0 do
if(GetUnitType <-Type eq)
"yes" ->Alive
endif
loop

That bit of code in the Abraxis script should prevent multiples of the same unit being built at the same cell. If a unit of the type trying to be built is found in that cell it is considered alive and thus won't try to build.  So, additional reactors shouldn't build there once destroyed. Did you add the reactors in edit mode or regular play mode?