J's maps (Tinyland)

Started by J, November 04, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmussen

Quote from: TLMike on November 05, 2013, 06:57:57 PM
Well, that doesn't really mean anything. There can be a map with a regular emitter, but the victory conditions are changed with CRPL.

But, yes, I get what you mean.

Well, yeah, I didn't mean to imply that it was a guaranteed method of telling if you had to kill the emitter or anything. It's just a method I used to give me a general guess on this particular set of maps.
Shawn Asmussen

asmussen

I've still got 3 maps left to finish in this set, but well done J. Been really enjoying this one.

Shawn Asmussen

Sohee

Spoiler

relay
collector
sprayer
nullifier
guppy
siphon
ore mine
strafer
pulse canon
bomber
mortar
shield
beam
forge

ore mine, pulse canon was hard for me.
beam... well.. at first, i think this is impossible.
but i realized that i can get beam tech at start :)
[close]

J

Quote from: Sohee on November 06, 2013, 10:06:14 AM
Spoiler

relay
collector
sprayer
nullifier
guppy
siphon
ore mine
strafer
pulse canon
bomber
mortar
shield
beam
forge

ore mine, pulse canon was hard for me.
beam... well.. at first, i think this is impossible.
but i realized that i can get beam tech at start :)
[close]
That seems pretty much impossible as you need nullifiers to complete collector map. For the beam map, did you nullify a spore tower and built a collector on the PZ? I thought I checked if it was possible to quickly grab the tech. Still, I can change any map before I release it to colonial space >:D

asmussen

Did you not intend for the beam tech to be attainable at the beginning of the map? I also picked it up before building my base. Two properly placed relays, or three collectors have just enough time to grab the tech before the 2nd relay is destroyed by the creeper.

Shawn Asmussen

Sohee

Quote from: asmussen on November 06, 2013, 11:12:09 AM
Did you not intend for the beam tech to be attainable at the beginning of the map? I also picked it up before building my base. Two properly placed relays, or three collectors have just enough time to grab the tech before the 2nd relay is destroyed by the creeper.

you can get beam tech, and two PZ.

J

Just edited the map a bit (not uploaded yet), slight terrain modifications make it impossible to get beam tech directly at start, while nullifing two spore towers is still possible, making the rest of the map 40% easier. With a good assault you can get the beam tech mid-game using the PZ's left. Still the map is 100% possible if you have shields.
btw did you know the terrain on the beam map is 95% crpl-generated?

EDIT: uploaded the map (this post), if anyone wants to check if techs are applied directly at start, and if when you start the game, save, finish another map, load the map, the tech from the other map is applied.

Buck

This was well done, it was very fun thanks.

I think this was the order I did it in, the last map took a few runs to figure out:

Spoiler

relay
sprayer
nullifier
siphon
ore mine
cannon
collector
beam
forge
mortar
guppy
strafer
shield
bomber
reactor
terp
sniper
bertha

[close]

Sohee

Quote from: Buck on November 06, 2013, 01:06:08 PM

I think this was the order I did it in, the last map took a few runs to figure out:

terp map without bertha?
pulsecannon map without strafer?

is it possible?

Buck

Quote from: Sohee on November 06, 2013, 02:32:09 PM
Quote from: Buck on November 06, 2013, 01:06:08 PM

terp map without bertha?
pulsecannon map without strafer?

is it possible?

My order probably wasn't the most efficient, but it works.

Spoiler
Singularity weapon in the forge won those maps for me.   
[close]

Lost in Nowhere

Wow, this is awesome!
(and hard)
Just one question: How did you get the IDs of the artifacts used in the scripts?
Don't die! :)

J

Thanks for the comment, as that is exactly what it is meant to be :D
Quote from: J on November 04, 2013, 10:32:14 AM
Pretty much the same script for each map =P
The shield keys are the key here. With CRPL you can detect which shield keys have been detected. Then you can set the build limit.
if (<-shieldkey GetArtifactCollected) <-techtype -1 SetBuildLimit endif
Now I think of it, I can make the techs apply immediatly using the :Awake function... (gonna do that for the second series :P)
(I used the :Awake function in the updated beam map)

eduran

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on November 06, 2013, 10:55:00 PM
Just one question: How did you get the IDs of the artifacts used in the scripts?
It shows up when you double-click one of the keys (not the artifacts) in the editor.

Sohee

Spoiler
relay
collector
sprayer
nullifier
guppy
siphon
ore mine
strafer
pulse canon
bomber
mortar
shield
beam
forge
reactor
bertha
terp
sniper
[close]

thanks for awesome map. it was very very fun.
but i'm noob. so last mission takes 4hour... T_T

hard map : ore mine, pulse canon, bertha, terp.
annoying map : beam(without beam tech)
long map : mortar(without reactor), sniper(terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraforming)

mzimmer74

Quote from: Sohee on November 07, 2013, 06:47:43 AM
Spoiler
relay
collector
sprayer
nullifier
guppy
siphon
ore mine
strafer
pulse canon
bomber
mortar
shield
beam
forge
reactor
bertha
terp
sniper
[close]

thanks for awesome map. it was very very fun.
but i'm noob. so last mission takes 4hour... T_T

hard map : ore mine, pulse canon, bertha, terp.
annoying map : beam(without beam tech)
long map : mortar(without reactor), sniper(terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraforming)

I appreciate the list...kind of nice to have a direction to approach these.  I'm really struggling on the mortar right now.  I agree that it's a long map.  However, the beam map wasn't that annoying to me because...
Spoiler

If you drop the orbital down to the closest large spot, drop a relay on the long strip north of you, and then put another relay directly south of the beam tech you are just able to complete the second relay and get the tech before the creeper overtakes the relay.  Then just move the orbital over to the west and start building up your defenses.  I can't imagine trying to beat that map without beams!
[close]
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.