Apparent bug with new patch.

Started by Ebon Heart, June 15, 2011, 05:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Kam says it s a bug, it seems like a feature to me... now with this new patch, dark beams take 30 frames to turn on... who woulda guessed? However, if there's a drone in the dark beam's path, the dark beam will turn on instantly. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature... only Virgil knows!
EDIT: also, cw2 has already randomly crashed twice for me already, once while playing a code map, another time while on day 20. And I haven't had the patch for more than 10 minutes.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kamron3

Revert back to the old version of CW2, see if it still crashes.

I also don't know about the DB thing, but I didn't see anything in the change log about DBs turning on to fight drones...

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 15, 2011, 05:35:17 PM
Revert back to the old version of CW2, see if it still crashes.

I also don't know about the DB thing, but I didn't see anything in the change log about DBs turning on to fight drones...
I also didn't see anything about them waiting 30 frames to turn on.

Grauniad

The "30 frames to turn on" is a design change.  It was possible to toggle "activate/deactivate" and have the DB operate on 6 packets/second. This prevents that from happening.

I guess Virgil was merciful and decided that it's turn on instantly when a drone is spotted to avoid the drones destroying mirrors or getting through a barrier.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

Are you absolutely sure about the drone being in the beam thing?  I didn't do that on purpose and it would have been a lot of work to even know there is a drone in the beam so that it could turn on instantly.

The DB just has a cool off period.. you can't go from on to off and back on in under 30 frames.  This is different than taking 30 frames to turn on after it has been off for a while.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on June 15, 2011, 05:47:51 PM
The "30 frames to turn on" is a design change.  It was possible to toggle "activate/deactivate" and have the DB operate on 6 packets/second. This prevents that from happening.

I guess Virgil was merciful and decided that it's turn on instantly when a drone is spotted to avoid the drones destroying mirrors or getting through a barrier.
that's what I figured... and I've tested it a few times, and it worked every time. If it's not the drones, then idk what it is. the reason I wasn't sure it was a bug is because it would be helpful.

Ytaker

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 15, 2011, 06:51:39 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on June 15, 2011, 05:47:51 PM

that's what I figured... and I've tested it a few times, and it worked every time. If it's not the drones, then idk what it is. the reason I wasn't sure it was a bug is because it would be helpful.

I tested it, it didn't happen when I tried it on level 20.

thepenguin

ebon heart's computer seems especially buggy
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

I actually figured it out... It's the cooldown... I had been under the impression that it just took 30 frames for a dark beam to turn on. Not that it  took 30 frames for it to turn on again. Sorry for the trouble! I mentioned it in chat and Kamron told me to post it. He also told me, "BLARGY!" lmao. So I was kinda confused. XD