Change log comments

Started by Ninja, September 15, 2016, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja

Any ETA on fixing the "click lag" bug that jaworeq mentioned? It was bugging me a bit yesterday while testing some things out on a giant map.

knucracker

This might be what addressed it, assuming I'm thinking of the right thing:
Sep 14, 2016: Change ship build button to use pointer down rather than pointer click events.

Karsten75

Here's a rule of thumb.

If you see it in the log, it will be in the next build. If you don't, then it may not be in there. If V says he'll do it, it'll probably be in the next build. If he hasn't, then in the thread where it's discussed as a problem, just add your opinion. In this particular instance, know that the "Fix" makes clicking on stuff  works differently than clicking on almost any other object in Windows or in a browser.

Ninja

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 15, 2016, 02:46:54 PM
Here's a rule of thumb.

If you see it in the log, it will be in the next build. If you don't, then it may not be in there. If V says he'll do it, it'll probably be in the next build. If he hasn't, then in the thread where it's discussed as a problem, just add your opinion. In this particular instance, know that the "Fix" makes clicking on stuff  works differently than clicking on almost any other object in Windows or in a browser.
ah, mkay. Also, do y'all have a system/schedule for builds? Or is it just kinda whenever Virgil thinks a build is ready?
Just curious so that I'm not totally confused about all of this. :)

planetfall

Quote from: Ninja on September 15, 2016, 03:48:10 PM
Or is it just kinda whenever Virgil thinks a build is ready?

This, generally.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Karsten75

Quote from: Ninja on September 15, 2016, 03:48:10 PM
Also, do y'all have a system/schedule for builds? Or is it just kinda whenever Virgil thinks a build is ready?
Just curious so that I'm not totally confused about all of this. :)

Builds are like rain. We know there will be some, but we don't know when, unless we see some clouds gathering... :D

Karsten75

I split this off from the change log. The custom is that only Virgil can update the change log topic. Since he updates the top post, the "new" flag is raised every time he updates it. This does not happen if there are responses to the post.