Custom Map #879: Creeper Manipulation 101

Started by AutoPost, February 21, 2012, 10:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #879: Creeper Manipulation 101

Author: Ebon_Heart

Desc:
A simple little gimmick map. No weapons, just control the creeper and use it to save the survivors. Good luck!

Ebon Heart

remember to think ahead, use micro rifts to power up repulsors which will be blocked off once you get the creeper flowing. Also, it's a good idea to keep the creeper back until you have all of your stuff set up.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Nate Dog

Starting off, thumbs up for the well done map :) But I just wanted to let you know that this map is absolutely evil. I never thought I would hate AC so very much... I'll get around to finishing this sometime :P

Ebon Heart

Well, it was a good concept. I think it was kind of poorly executed... And I think a lot of people don't get it. To the average creeper world player, new concepts are scary. Lmao.

For future reference, the only way to beat the map is to use creeper to break down the decayable terrain with ore in it. Use Repulsors to get it where you want it to go. This map will teach you everything you never wanted to know about Repulsors. :P

lich98

Who said i didnt want to learn about reposlers :P
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

SmileyCoder

I think they are named repulsors with adequate reason...

I think your concept is very fine, but after 23 minutes and having broken through the first 2 walls, I simply got bored. The map is to long imo. If perhaps there had been fresh pools of creeper after each wall, it might have been more interesting. But having to maintain the little pool, and only take parts of it with me, and stop it from overflowing, and compacting the anti creeper...just to much micro-management for such a big map.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 23, 2012, 08:40:53 AM
I think they are named repulsors with adequate reason...

I think your concept is very fine, but after 23 minutes and having broken through the first 2 walls, I simply got bored. The map is to long imo. If perhaps there had been fresh pools of creeper after each wall, it might have been more interesting. But having to maintain the little pool, and only take parts of it with me, and stop it from overflowing, and compacting the anti creeper...just to much micro-management for such a big map.
I concur. Though putting extra creeper pits throughout the level would kind of ruin the concept, unless done right. I'll think about it... On a side note, I'll also try to make the next level (do you think i should try this concept again?) a lot more exciting. I didn't want to go too overboard with introducing a new concept.

SmileyCoder

I've had a comeback to Creeper World 2, and played this map, and loved it. Went to post a comment and realized I allready posted a comment for this map nearly 10 years ago. Seems I didn't like it back then. Shows how taste can change.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

teknotiss

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 11, 2022, 01:59:30 PM
I've had a comeback to Creeper World 2, and played this map, and loved it. Went to post a comment and realized I allready posted a comment for this map nearly 10 years ago. Seems I didn't like it back then. Shows how taste can change.

that's pretty funny really, there are def some maps i have a lot more fun playing after a break too.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus