Drone directions

Started by bobandirus, January 09, 2010, 02:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobandirus

How about adding something so that we can set the paths that drones take. What I mean is instead of setting the place where drones target with one click, set 2 points, where it starts its bombing run. If you want it to do it as it does now, just set these 2 points as the same place. Also, this could allow drones to do runs along the whole map, it would just mean that the bombs would get dropped infrequantly. I.e, the frequancy of drops is relative to the length of the line. If the line is short enough for the drone to go all the way allong it before dropping all its bombs, then it just goes back allong the line. Dunno how much re-codeing this would take, so I dont know how feesable this would be, I just thought it would be quite a nice update.

Maby this could be part of the expantion? Update all the wepons so they have some more advance targeting features? Like the blasters and moarters have a sweep angle, and SAMs have some update.
I know my spelling is shaky, have fun! Shake along with it :P

knucracker

The next update (coming this weekend I hope) will have a few minor additions and one 'interesting' expansion.  The update after that will I hope include a number of significant new additions (several new weapons, and a new campaign).  It will be a little while before that is out, though.  But your idea might make sense to add into that update.

buggy

oooooooo its the weekend now do you think it will be done soon vig?

Aurzel

maybe he means next weekend

bobandirus

Aurzel

and i think the drones are fine as they are

knucracker

I mean sometime in the next 24-48 hours.  If I get lucky it will be sometime in the next 9 hours (today for me).

bobandirus

Drones are very good and very useful as they are, I just think this would make them better

Looking forward to that update in the next day or 2 ;D

Karsten75

I also think that waypoints for a drone is interesting. That way you might be able to set a drone to bomb all along the length of a rier, for instance, or get pinpoint bombing of a specific target, where now the drone will hit the target, but also bomb adjacent areas on a self-determined path.

buggy

i would very much like this idea.also offtopic vig any hints of what the stuf ur adding is
?

Karsten75

Quote from: buggy on January 09, 2010, 03:55:28 PM
i would very much like this idea.also offtopic vig any hints of what the stuf ur adding is
?

See this - hint enough.

buggy

i mean the intresting expansion

Karsten75

Quote from: buggy on January 09, 2010, 04:19:02 PM
i mean the intresting expansion

My bad. Then you might find this of interest.