Story walkthroughs

Started by Karsten75, May 17, 2011, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I've been trying to post some youtube videos, but CamStudio sucks... does anyone know a good screen recorder I could use???
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

MadMag

CobraKill

I always found Debut worked.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Ebon Heart

I just used like, FD recorder or something, I forget what it's called. I couldn't get fraps to work right.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

THIS_IS_SPARTA!

Fisherck

There is a walkthrough of day 11 on this very thread, and there is an entire thread devoted to day 11 (link).
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=6890.0
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

gocubbies1212

for when you make the video on day 20, consider using about 8 makers in the room with the nexus and 1 maker at the top (vacuuming to fuel the other makers).  This will keep all the drones closer to the nexus, then you can just use nulifiers on the emitters.  By doing this, I finished in just over 16 minutes.

Mare

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there are people who completed it in 2 mins legitly. Your tips are helpful (In fact I never considered using AC in the nexus room) and we thank you for your help. Please refrain from reviving threads and topics from months ago. Look at the date from the last post in the thread to see if its old or new. Not trying to be mean or anything but people are usually too oblivious to notice they are reviving old threads pointlessly.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Grauniad

This and any other topic can be revived at any time when there is something useful to add. New hints, tips and techniques are always welcomed.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

gocubbies1212

Quote from: Mare on August 26, 2011, 10:19:08 PM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but there are people who completed it in 2 mins legitly. Your tips are helpful (In fact I never considered using AC in the nexus room) and we thank you for your help. Please refrain from reviving threads and topics from months ago. Look at the date from the last post in the thread to see if its old or new. Not trying to be mean or anything but people are usually too oblivious to notice they are reviving old threads pointlessly.
oh...  sorry :/  how could you possibly beat it in 2 minutes?

2b3o4o

I think it might be helpful to also have text walkthroughs, here's one I wrote for day 16:
Quote from: 2b3o4o on January 29, 2012, 10:00:02 AM
First of all, remember to pause a lot since this is a timed map. First, dig through that narrow bar of terrain, next, build a wall of shields to replace it, try to do these things while the liberation ship is in motion. Grab a crystal and start building reactors, when you get low on crystals, grab the rest, remember to replace shields when they get low. Try to have five repulsers and enough reactors to support them by the time the third shield wall collapses, and feel free to build stuff near the creeper below you, it isn't a threat until you make it one. Try to get a mortar and later a couple blasters to destroy that creeper on top.

After that is the frozen creeper, for this you should have at-least nine blasters and two mortars, I don't think I have to explain beyond that...

Now we have relatively uninteresting fields to deal with, my only suggestions are to attack both ways at the same time, make sure your mortars are close enough to do some damage, and try to do this as quickly as possible since your weapons will likely take lots of damage.

This last part isn't as hard as it looks, the creeper does block your packets, but you can fix that by building a micro-rift in each pocket of free space, other than that this part should be pretty easy.
I hope this helped...

Ninja

Man, you're missing the one mission I can't get past; day 12.