Desc:
slightly annoing spores, but no tricks

D0m0nik

Quoteslightly annoing spores

A lesson in understatement by MG!  ; ;) ;D

thebigcheez

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 03, 2021, 03:43:57 PM
8)
jesus, dude, this is really hard! how the heck do you even get past the first wave of spores?? i can't even get past that...

D0m0nik

Spoiler
Send two guppies straight away, one lands just as the other is about to die. You can then return the guppies to base so you don't waste the energy. That spore should never fire!
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

Johnny Haywire

Some people like to do things the hard way. And that's cool, because we need people who are skilled and diligent.

But let's say you've just come home from work & you're tired, or maybe you're sick and/or having bad effects from the poor decisions you made the night before, or maybe you're just less than 5 years old... how are you going to beat this map?

1) Grab a bag of potato chips. I can't stress this enough. It's crucial. (You may substitute for a similar satisfying snack if you so choose)
2) Make sure you know how to use a computer mouse.
3) Now you're ready to employ my Wonderfully Happy Ultimate Tactic (or just WHUT for short)

Spoiler
Just build one guppy close to your CN. Don't do anything else. Sit back and watch. And eat those potato chips you got while you watch the show.  ;)
[close]

Trust Johnny.

At first I started doing this map the way I'd done the other one but when I noticed stuff, I decided to try stuff. And stuff worked.

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

Yes.

Next map won't allow people to trust Johnny.

It's going to be  - here's Johnny! And two axes!

Johnny Haywire

LOL... always enjoy your maps, m8.

If you reduced the payload on those spores that would insta-solve things btw.  ;)

You know I'm just a Low-Key guy ;)

Looking forward to the next one. For all time. Always.  8)

Johnny Haywire

Lappan

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 06, 2021, 02:23:47 PM
QuoteLess is more

That's true, more or less.  ;)
So from mucking around it seems that just one guppy can be built or the soothing rain turns savage? Is this a standard feature of spores + guppies, or something particularly set here?

Martin Gronsdal

No, it's neither of those two. When creeper reaches more than 2000 it becomes anticreeper. Spore fires 25 (?) spores, each 500 I think. When they all land on the same spot.... anticreeper

Lappan

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 15, 2021, 03:12:59 AM
No, it's neither of those two. When creeper reaches more than 2000 it becomes anticreeper. Spore fires 25 (?) spores, each 500 I think. When they all land on the same spot.... anticreeper
Ah! I guess that explains why singularities sometimes seem to result in less creeper re-appearing when they collapse, some of it got crushed into AC.

For a seven-year-old game this still presents plenty of fun, thanks to the sorts of maps the likes of you unleashes - thanks again!

Martin Gronsdal

yes, you can go to map editor an make a map where you have a single emitter with the strength of 2000 anticreep. Use singularity on deep pool of anticreep, you can try to use 50 % then 100 % singularity on the same spot. You'll see that units will attack that place. A bertha set to attack automatically will fire there too.

I'm not sure what depth, exactly, the integer overflow occurs on, but it's more than 2000.