Custom Map #1778: Pac- The Humans ep3. By: WaddlesTNT

Started by AutoPost, June 22, 2021, 02:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1778: Pac- The Humans ep3

Author: WaddlesTNT
Size: 256x160

Vyce223

Quite enjoyable. Perfect in difficulty not exactly hard but no easy feat to breach the walls until you get an actual strategy down... it wont just happen accidently.

rowlet

Honestly that was ridiculously easy for me.
That's not a dig at the map but more just how strong the combo of field gen and crimson is. With it I was able to just spear my way straight to the lab and it was over in  about 9 mins.
Still a good map though.

hbarudi

So attacking the lab directly is easier than trying to take on the airfield which is making the map more difficult for me?

Mr$Hyper$

CyberDyneSystems

Well, I was glad to see from the scores that I wasn't the only one that had a very hard time with this level,. and yet I see some were managing this one in 11 minutes! Fully 1/10th the time it took me!
Was it just me or were these the weakest emitters ever? I could have five side by side with mesh, and still only have creep 2-4 deep. I can't imagine how you guys managed to get enough creep to just punch through. I ended waiting on 4X speed to amass a pile of eggs, and that was the only way I could make a dent in the wall. Is it at all possible that some of us are working with crippled emitters? Seems really unlikely, I realize, but I had emitters, crimson and field gen and probed at 4 different places on that wall with zero effect. My only option was piles of eggs,. and that took counting the clock down for 30 minutes on 4X, as the creep generation, even where the breeder was, remained so low the eggs were coming so slow.

Shatterstep

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on June 27, 2021, 04:29:17 PM
Well, I was glad to see from the scores that I wasn't the only one that had a very hard time with this level,. and yet I see some were managing this one in 11 minutes! Fully 1/10th the time it took me!
Was it just me or were these the weakest emitters ever? I could have five side by side with mesh, and still only have creep 2-4 deep. I can't imagine how you guys managed to get enough creep to just punch through.

SPORES AWAY!

I gathered what ERNs I could, made sure there wasn't much anti-air near the crazonium fence, then used spores to leap over. Once on the other side I used the tried and true field gen + emitter(s) + crimsonator to shove creeper at the rift lab. See attached pics.

I have never played on 4x speed, used the egg generator, or stash. Those units don't seem that useful to my style of play. 

MULTIPLE SAVES = AGGRESSIVE PLAYING

I frequently save, which allows me to take risks with potentially big wins. I had 9 saves on this. I usually create a save after each useful event, like taking an emitter or making it over the fence with spores. I should emphasize I'm not constantly reloading. That wouldn't be fun. On any map I play I might go to a previous save once, if at all. It allows me to play far more aggressively than I would otherwise.

Save #5 I tried to launch spores to the 3 reddon area, slightly closer to the rift lab. That failed so I ended up going back to that save. I realized that I had to clear out some anti-air first.

Save #7 is the Spores Away screenshot. Save #8 is the Push Crimson screenshot. So I can usually give screenshots of major milestones for almost any map I play.

Using multiple saves isn't for everyone, but it allows for more aggressive playing and can help improve your skill. Anyway, for what it is worth.