Custom Map #572: Can you do it?

Started by AutoPost, December 18, 2011, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #572: Can you do it?

Author: TrickyDragon

Desc:
The Training simulater is throwing a hard-ball. Will you be able to prove your worth to the last living people?

NickHounsome

Not really hard enough.
You could at least protect the emitters.

Fisherck

Quote from: NickHounsome on December 20, 2011, 08:42:47 AM
Not really hard enough.

I felt like that was part of the fun. Dodging all the creeper bearing down on you and rushing to the top, taking out 4 emitters with one nullifier at a time.;)

I had a lot of fun with this map. Keep it up!
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Katra

Definitely a map where strategy matters.  ;)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

DethbyIT

Quote from: NickHounsome on December 20, 2011, 08:42:47 AM
Not really hard enough.

LOL!
I didn't find a score for you.
If you could post something in the under 9 minute range, it would add validity to your comment.
dbit

jepler

Fully a third of my time was clean up.  (The other two thirds were building, and then building again after the bottom of the map was overrun) I would love to know what it takes to get a 4-minute time instead of 14 minutes :-P enjoyed the map, though!

Grauniad

I'm not sure if my approach was the best, but I recall you could prevent the creeper from entering the lower chamber by setting up repulsors and some blasters and launchers behind  one or two layers of shields.

Then it is possible to dig up on the left side of the map to the top and take out the emitter(s). It might actually be a tad faster to just launch a full-frontal assault through one of the two existing openings, but I've not tried that.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon