Started by AutoPost, February 15, 2014, 01:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #226: Gravity Rail

Author: Richard333
Size: 121x121

Desc:

teknotiss

another of those "just too random" maps for me.
is there a pattern to the movement of the CRPL core? cos if not, with no terps, it's just a case of building enough of a base to kill it when it wanders into range. if we had a terp we could corrall it and then build for the attack but with the options i have it's too limiting and random for me to enjoy.
still good work on the map (did you invent that CRPL? if so well done a work of, potentially evil, genius ;))
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

knucracker

This may be the only map where I 'lost'... but then kept playing and eventually won.  I took out the right two central emitters at the start of the game.  Then I completely failed and watch everything I had built get destroyed.  I even sat there and watched the CNs cry for help then flee to orbit.  I let the map run for another minute and just sat there and drummed my fingers on the desk.  Then, I landed two CN's in the lower left corner of the map and took at that emitter while the wanderer was in the upper right of the map.  Eventually, I managed to hold that position and build out from there.

I don't think I've every completely 'lost' my position before than twiddled my thumbs and went in for another go like that.

teknotiss

Quote from: virgilw on February 15, 2014, 03:05:10 PM
This may be the only map where I 'lost'... but then kept playing and eventually won.  I took out the right two central emitters at the start of the game.  Then I completely failed and watch everything I had built get destroyed.  I even sat there and watched the CNs cry for help then flee to orbit.  I let the map run for another minute and just sat there and drummed my fingers on the desk.  Then, I landed two CN's in the lower left corner of the map and took at that emitter while the wanderer was in the upper right of the map.  Eventually, I managed to hold that position and build out from there.

I don't think I've every completely 'lost' my position before than twiddled my thumbs and went in for another go like that.

hmm never thought of that! ::) is the evaporation higher on this map? or is it an effect of the gravity do you think?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Katra

I'm done wasting my time when an enemy that can't be destroyed or diverted randomly cruises through my base wiping out my entire infrastructure.  ::)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Jerdog

I rather liked this one.  I tried to get two bases going: left and right.

The left took heavy damage early but managed to hold in there and expand.  The right did well early but the gravity decided to hang out by it and wiped it out completely. 

Eventually the left managed to build to top and take the emitter (reactor) then work across the top to the other (bertha.)  It takes some firepower to hold back the thick creeper - energy got to debt for a while.
Then I just marched down one rank at a time.

Richard333

Quote from: teknotiss on February 15, 2014, 03:11:05 PM
Quote from: virgilw on February 15, 2014, 03:05:10 PM

hmm never thought of that! ::) is the evaporation higher on this map? or is it an effect of the gravity do you think?
Effect of the gravity since i didn't change the evaporation limit.

Helper

I built my base at the bottom center, then slowly advanced to take out the Emitters.

Whatever that little critter was, he kept coming around - but never did anything.
Not that I'm complaining.

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on February 16, 2014, 09:09:15 AM
I built my base at the bottom center, then slowly advanced to take out the Emitters.

Whatever that little critter was, he kept coming around - but never did anything.
Not that I'm complaining.

did you not notice the creeper was "falling" towards said critter? it was a singularity in motion :o

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on February 16, 2014, 11:30:25 AM
did you not notice the creeper was "falling" towards said critter? it was a singularity in motion :o

LOL!
Nope. Just call me Mr. Oblivious.
:)

After getting obliterated the first time around, I hunkered down and built power and defense. Now that you mention it, there was a whole bunch of Creeper killing going on during his visits.

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on February 16, 2014, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on February 16, 2014, 11:30:25 AM

LOL!
Nope. Just call me Mr. Oblivious.
:)

After getting obliterated the first time around, I hunkered down and built power and defense. Now that you mention it, there was a whole bunch of Creeper killing going on during his visits.

:D i'm not making any comments on how you missed that!  ;)