Post-release requests

Started by Karsten75, September 26, 2016, 01:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugbrain_04

Drop-down lists for targeting options on ships would be really nice, instead of the current method of clicking the weapon button to cycle through available options.

I also really miss seeing the energy consumption rate (a la creeper worlds), but this is less of an issue now energy deficit doesn't seem to be a thing that happens, so I'm a little more forgiving.

GoodMorning

Energy pods do not yet show a health bar while rebuilding.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

planetfall

An "extract images" command in the editor would be nice.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

Quick request for the "Mire %" Goal Type.

When calculating the % mired to satisfy the goal, can we have some kind of rounding? It can be frustrating to players (and map makes alike) to find a few stray land "pixels" that either need to Burned away (especially on 100% maps). I have a feeling you are comparing the actual % (float I would guess) to the integer/decimal entered in the goal field.

It looks like it's possible to set the goal to 99.9% though.

- - - - - - -

Edit: Also, custom images for conversations?

Edit more: Either new modules for ships to equip, or a PRPL core to equip to ships? (I was hoping to see sacrificial hulls)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Relli

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 30, 2016, 09:49:58 AM
a PRPL core to equip to ships?
This sounds brilliant. From what little I understand about coding, it seems like this actually wouldn't be that hard for Virgil to set up once and let players do infinite things with. Of course, like all tasks, this will undoubtedly have some unexpected roadblocks, but I'm hopeful.
You could set a PRPL Module in the ship editor with the following things editable in either the Ship Editor itself, or once you're in a custom mission with it (whichever works better):
Variable Size, Image, Build and Energy Cost, Name (?), and of course Effect.
Bonus points if it has an on/off/other toggle ability in the existing Ship Control UI.
I may be overreaching here, calling really difficult things "not that hard", so if I'm way off base on this, do let me know. But if I'm not.... :D

Darkmega

A ship editor with built in simple PRPL core for ships functionality that lets you throw a script on it to tell how the module works? o_o... it really will end up being: INFINITE POSSIBILITY... especially with that "ship exchange" and people who are nice enough can set up "ship bases" to freely share the modules for people to pick up and make a ship out of and then have in any mission they want...

D0m0nik

When an omni is moving and you select it you cannot cancel, you have to replace it. I find this a bit annoying but nothing major.

Tarmandan

This is to avoid having to entities (ships/omnis) stationary at the same place.
Edit: Read your comment again. Now I know what you mean. Yeah, this is indeed slightly annoying (I at first thought you meant cancling the movement, not canceling selection)

Omegatron

Could we have waypoint movement for ships as well as omnis?

Karsten75

Make it so maps can be re-sized in the editor.

bugbrain_04

Also on the topic of those targeting option buttons, it might be nice if they were color-coded to match the range circles, to make it clearer which ranges correspond to which modules.

bugbrain_04

Quote from: bugbrain_04 on September 30, 2016, 03:47:44 AM
Drop-down lists for targeting options on ships would be really nice, instead of the current method of clicking the weapon button to cycle through available options.

I also really miss seeing the energy consumption rate (a la creeper worlds), but this is less of an issue now energy deficit doesn't seem to be a thing that happens, so I'm a little more forgiving.

Or even better, pop-up/drop-down lists/menus with toggles for each targeting option, so that I could, for instance, have cannons target both land and struc rather than just one or the other.

GoodMorning

Option to post a score for a map after pressing "Keep Playing". Particularly important for the Finalized list.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Qwerty Quazo

Being able to drag modules in the ship editor. And an option to adjust hull brush size.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

ChaosMaster130

A assignable hotkey option for the rock burner would be nice IMO.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!