Repulsor Connect/disconnect mode

Started by Ranakastrasz, December 24, 2011, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranakastrasz

Option available at least in the new cw2 flash game on kongregate (the name of which I failed to memorize)
What does it do? I cannot find any information on it, and don't even know when it was added (not in any patch log)

All I can see is that disconnecting results in it refusing to build.

I thought it might have that old *line push* idea, it may interact differently with other beams, it might interact differently with fields, but I have no idea, as it is not documented anywhere I can find.

J

Disconnected weapons (not only repulsors) stop requesting packets but keep firing. Repulsor beams doesn't react different.

Ranakastrasz

Ohhh. I see. That makes sense. I didnt realize it was on all units, because I first saw it on repulsors.

That helps alot. Thanks.

Kithros

As for why it isn't in a patch log - that's because it hasn't been added to the actual game (yet). This mode can especially help a lot when you're short on energy and trying to build a nullifier for instance - it lets you send all your energy to the nullifier while still firing with your weapons (just be sure to connect them again before they actually run out of energy).

lich98

yep, according to virgil the update should be out soon.  :)
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Kithros on December 24, 2011, 03:30:11 PM
As for why it isn't in a patch log - that's because it hasn't been added to the actual game (yet). This mode can especially help a lot when you're short on energy and trying to build a nullifier for instance - it lets you send all your energy to the nullifier while still firing with your weapons (just be sure to connect them again before they actually run out of energy).

Ah, that explains it.

And yes, I know why it exists now, and for a while I had wished for a mode like that.