Custom Map #1044: City on a Hill. By: Exodus Legate

Started by AutoPost, January 24, 2018, 06:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1044: City on a Hill

Author: Exodus Legate
Size: 480x480

Desc:
Resuming their journey after the distraction at the Great Clock, Ticon and the crew finally arrive at the proposed site for the Galactic Capitol. Small problem: It's a little... busy... here. (Hint for the end: It's the small starbases only that grow the struc) Credit for flavour goes, as often, to AI War. Credit for the Ticon Defence Range script goes to Stickman.

ChaosMaster130

Had fun with the map right till the end. Now it's a massive lag fest due to the sheer of bullets and missiles everywhere due to the enemy's boosted Firerate, energy recharge, health regen, and their numbers. All the armored struct is not helping either.

Having placed some totems somewhere that is really to tough to get or some other victory condition might have helped here.

Or I'm just missing something.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Exodus Legate

The end is quite a lot harder than the rest, yes, that is intended, but obviously the lag is not- I'm sorry to hear about that. :(
The idea was sortof that the rest is a time-trial and also that they like trying to flank you, but once you're closing in on the end that sortof goes out the window and it all becomes about concentrating your own force on one bit of them at a time. There are a couple of semi-obvious little tricks to make it a little easier by cutting down the struc regen, which I agree is very strong, but the spike of difficulty is intended.

Something for me to bear in mind for any future maps, I guess, but glad you enjoyed the first part, at least.