Custom Map #802: OmniSquares. By: SquirrelBots

Started by AutoPost, June 06, 2017, 12:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #802: OmniSquares

Author: SquirrelBots
Size: 160x90

Desc:
Just a silly little thing I threw together while becoming familiar with the Mission Editor. Shouldn't be too hard if you pay a little attention to what goes on, but if you enjoy derping around with omnis, it could entertain you for a little while.

sciurusaurus

(Map creator here)

I'll be going to sleep now, so in case anyone needs some hints, I'll be leaving some. Not sure if they are needed or not.

Mild hint
Spoiler
Look at enemy structures and particles to figure out where to go first
[close]

Medium Hint
Spoiler
After clearing all particles with an omni zerg rush, I found miring the top left corner easier to do when I left a lot of omnis the top center area to just fire at the mire, and just sneaked a few omnis over at first to actually mire.
[close]

Solution
Spoiler
The mire spawners on struc do not mire land, and will be killed by mired land. The easiest order to claim areas is : Right - Either up or down - the other of up or down - left - bottom right - top right - bottom left - top left. Pure omni zerg should do it for all areas, medium hint has a tip if this does not work for the top left area
[close]

sciurusaurus

Also, I know the miring of the central area and the struc are more delays / jerk moves than actual difficulty. Let me know if you found them to be slightly amusing jerk moves, or just annoying.

GoodMorning

Annoying. If it doesn't add strategic elements (note the plural), please leave it out. At least leave the first island unmired.

There's a game here, but it's reflected four times and doesn't start until quite a lot of mire has been stripped off the first island.

I didn't realise the corners are different, but the approximate strategy was to reserve a few Omnis, use the rest to mire-pop particles, and then use the reserve to flip the Emitter.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

PaulG

I don't get this. How are you supposed to build the first omni with no energy? What am I missing!

FOXX

Quote from: PaulG on June 07, 2017, 11:38:23 AM
I don't get this. How are you supposed to build the first omni with no energy? What am I missing!
Set the HQ to shoot cannons at Land. And then wait until you can build the Omni.
Also -> The Struc can be removed with the 'Edit Struc' option.

Good Luck.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

PaulG

Wow. I didn't even know you could do that!

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

FOXX

PMouser -> See my previous message.
With the Edeit Struc option Enable Enemy and then with the right mouse button you can delete the struc.
Then i think it's best to mire the middle right part with your Omni since there is mo MireSpawner on that part.

Good Luck.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

Ah, FOXX - I'm fairly sure that editing of emery Struc or placement of built Struc is disabled outside the editor.

The is land with the gem can be taken by repeated landings - the Omni can survive a direct flight through the Struc, and there's nothing remiring the land.
Thereafter, you have twice as many Omnis to work with, and an amp gem.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on June 08, 2017, 06:16:56 PM
Ah, FOXX - I'm fairly sure that editing of emery Struc or placement of built Struc is disabled outside the editor.
Ahum, ofcourse. I didn't think of that. Sorry for that info. [and good it is corrected GM]
The rest should work.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Asbestos

This is an interesting concept, but I'm not having a whole lot of fun just flying a bunch of Omnis into each square and waiting for them to clear everything out, then doing it again, then doing it again.