Custom Map #590: Ticon Empire 6: The Supership. By: ts

Started by AutoPost, January 27, 2017, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #590: Ticon Empire 6: The Supership

Author: ts
Size: 480x480

Desc:
The Ticon Empire discovers a superweapon of the Xrak Empire... PS:Sorry for my English,I'm German.

MisterX

Love the map...the vast armada of enemy ships that dont respawn, the mothership all great.

but that laaagg though... wow I have a pretty decent pc and it still ran like a slideshow.

Still enjoyable to play , which is a testament to the idea.

Keep them coming.

ChaosMaster130

That has to be the most powerful enemy weapon I've seen in particle fleet so far.

The Lag Generator  :o

Pretty cool map if not for the lag though.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Scarpath

You, my friend, have discovered lag. Congrats. If my computer were any better I'd keep playing, but it's too much ><

(Also, on the English, with the way you are using it, its safe, not save :P But keep at it, you'll get there!)

GoodMorning

I cannot but agree - although at 4 fps I am luckier than some.

It's probably something to do with the fifty thousand virtual particles the game is tracking (there's a reason the normal particle count is limited to 6K). That's an estimate - 30K for the big one, 20K for the others was the breakdown.

Also, the friendly Emitters are actually a handicap - the MK7s miss half of the time, killing newly-constructed bridges of time-consuming ships. The time is the major factor here - you provide more energy than even this fleet requires.

For those who want to learn from this, and insist on finishing (stubbornness will be your main motivation if you fall into this group, I suspect), I have some advice:
1. Build speed
2. Do something else at the same time (I'm writing this, so far the game clock has reached 3:00)
3. A wall, built of smaller ships

Edit:
Grinding away with MK7s is the main part of this map. The lag improves toward the end - when there are only one or two enemy ships left built. This would be relaxing and/or interesting (pace dependent) if it ran at full speed.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

(e)

toolforger

Same here: Lag, and MK7 shots instakilling freshly constructed bridges of slow-to-build bridges are the main gripes.

I killed half of the fleet even before the expensive ships were built, it's easy with the right tactics.
Spoiler
Missile destroyers are excellent ramming ships, and they rebuild very quickly.
[close]
Best way to use this (easy to find out actually):
Spoiler
Just make sure that each of them has its course plotted through the bridge.
[close]