Custom Map #333: Delving Deeper. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, November 14, 2016, 06:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on May 05, 2017, 12:33:46 PM
This was only the 8th map I've played so far I think, so I'm still not sure exactly what are the victory conditions of each map. On this one, I did something a bit different because a lot of people mentioned how tough the really big ships are.

After I got the first mine going, I used self-powered omnis to build up stuff while I... um... destroyed my HQ ship. After 18 seconds or however long it is, I jumped behind enemy lines with it and (after repeating the process a few times) killed almost all the emitters and the ship production factories. Then it was just a matter of killing those ships once and they didn't come back.

Dunno if that's the right way to do it or not. But it worked for me ok. The game really didn't seem that hard to me. Cool map and a cool game!  ;D

To be honest, this is one of the only maps where I really don't mind what tactics people use to beat it. It was poorly balanced, all things considered, and is not one of my better maps. Still, glad you enjoyed it anyway! :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Ben

Man that was a challenge! Those monster enemy ships with 3 MK7's were a pain. It was a slog, but by advancing VERY slowly I managed the victory. I'm very glad those ships were so damage adverse though...sometimes you just have to pray that they run away, especially at the 7-10 min mark.