Hard Core

Started by Kava09, April 17, 2012, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kava09

Hi fellas!

Several days ago I found myself really bored by browsing through hundreds and hundreds random code maps looking for something interesting. And suddenly I have got a extraordinary thought - to look at the internet for CW2 community. I thought to myself: "you are genius", preferring not to ask why this bright idea came out only now.

So, for a last few days I was using "Impossible Code Maps" topic to find new challenges, and it was awesome - I found there A LOT of great missions to complete. Still, the topic was not actually intended to suit my needs.

What I want is: REALLY challenging missions, with bias towards exotic setting and/or creative solution. "Impossible Code Maps" is great topic, but it has some problems:

a) It seems no longer maintained.
b) There are many rather easy maps, posted by newbies.
c) I believe that many interesting maps are absent there, as they were completed by someone.

So I would like to invite you to share the following maps here:

1) Impossible maps, or seemingly impossible maps. In fact, "Impossible Code Maps" topic shows that many "impossible" maps can be actually completed, so you guys are encouraged to post such maps here, especially if you want to check it out by other people. Lets see what our community is capable of in mind-breaking, and you will be surprised.

2) Really hard maps, that have exotic setup and/or require creative approach. Difficulty level should be high - there should not be many people who completed this map. Feel free to post here map that really impressed you. The one that you couldn't beat using some standard approach, and you can truly say: I am proud and honored to complete this mission :)

Based on your posts, I will maintain a list of such maps, which will consist of:

1) Maps, that wasn't completed yet, but are probably beatable. I will try to reasonably justify and exclude from this list truly impossible maps like Boo.

2) Maps, that was completed but was really challenging and/or exotic, and also fun to play. I will try to provide some minimal (but hopefully useful) description of the map, like: "exotic setting", "mind-break" and so on. This list will be moderated too. With your help and support, I will try to (reasonably) exclude easy or medium-difficulty maps from this list.

How do you like the idea? :)

P.S. I think, we should accept custom maps here too.

blue may away (large/high, experimental) — Interesting puzzle: you must find the sweet spot to win here.

8727 (large/high, experimental) — Hard core map from impossible maps series.

once go said (large/high, experimental) — Exotic setup: Small flying island over the great cavern.

ground morning it (large/high, standard) — Exotic setup: Huge cave to fight in.

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,. (large/high, experimental) — Really crazy map: one of a kind, considered impossible for a very long time. Can be completed without LS drone evasion.

custom map #10 — Extremely difficult custom map, drone evasion lesson.

Saudi Arabia (large/high, experimental) — Hard core map from countries series.

Methylprednisolone (medium/high)  — Hard core map with very little amount of land available to you.

some go once (medium/high, standard) — This map has basically everything attacking you at once with limited build space.

one shoe may (large/high, standard) — Map with a surface titan, very very limited build space - will need to use some unusual strategies to make sure you have enough build space to slowly take on the titan emitter.

snow from for (large/high, standard) — Possibly the worst space restrictions you will ever deal with in a map. No titan emitters, but awkward build directions and practically no room to build. You have enough time to build up early on if you use your energy efficiently, but it gets nasty once all the terrain decays through.

think once toy (medium/high, standard) — Lots and lots of drones. Surface drones, high health drones, and fast drones that all break to the surface with a max drone count of 43.

team A (large/high, experimental) — Hard core mission from 'impossible maps series'.

look farm way (large/high, experimental) — Hard core mission from 'impossible maps series'.

street think then (large/high, experimental) — Hard core mission from 'impossible maps series'.

run water to (large/high, standard, new) — Hard map with two surface emitters on each side and drone rush.

party were down (small/high, experimental, new) — Exotic map, features interesting setup. No surface emitters, but they will quickly break through. large/high is quite interesting too.

HardVeryHardHardVeryHardHardVeryHardHardVeryHar (small/high, standard, new) — Fun map with drone rush.

Goaoldashosolagoalsoa (Medium/High, standard, new) — This map is about large amount of drones attacking you from the very beginning. Two gateways on the surface + fast drones breaking shortly afterwards.

-.,,,.---.,-.,, (large/high, experimental, new) — Hard core mission from 'impossible maps series'. Try also small/high settings if you wish even harder session. I personally believe that this map is non-beatable at small/high.

209 (small/high, standard, new) — Once upon a time this mission was completed on large/high by Kithros himself. Both large/high and small/high present an interesting challenge.

844 (large/high, experimental, new) — Fun and challenging map, all about fast expanding. You have a lot of gems around, but also high threat level. Will you make it in time?

Wheatmidge

Plasmapheresis medium/medium could be an interesting challenge. Extreme amount of drones at the surface. I can't beat the level but I think it was determined that it shouldn't be impossible

Ebon Heart

that's not impossible, it's a lesson in tediousness. All you have to do is wait for all of the drones to spawn, then fly the LS around while you get set up. Creeper is no threat.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Cavemaniac

We found about 40 fun/challenging/unusual maps when we did all the countries in the world:

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=8896.0

I like New Zealand and Tanzania the most.

29 Second Ave was a real challenge for me.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Karsten75

I think this thread will dupe a lot of what is in the other thread. I've been thinking of a way to make the lists more useful, but creating another thread doesn't seem to be "it."

The other thread is still active, the top post has been updated last on March 23rd and the owner has been in here last on Apr 18th.

2b3o4o

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 19, 2012, 09:32:58 AM
I think this thread will dupe a lot of what is in the other thread. I've been thinking of a way to make the lists more useful, but creating another thread doesn't seem to be "it."

The other thread is still active, the top post has been updated last on March 23rd and the owner has been in here last on Apr 18th.
A lot of the maps in the other thread were quite beatable, in my opinion, this is a much better thread.

Karsten75

Quote from: 2b3o4o on April 19, 2012, 05:15:43 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on April 19, 2012, 09:32:58 AM

A lot of the maps in the other thread were quite beatable, in my opinion, this is a much better thread.

Every time I see a post from you, I hope you link me to an actual score that you posted somewhere.  :)

Ebon Heart

or at least a screenshot. lol. I generally don't finish maps once I've gotten to a position to beat them, unless they're very interesting. Code maps generally are not.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Kithros

For some challenging maps try:
some go once medium/high, large/high can work also as an easier difficulty - this map has basically everything attacking you at once with limited build space.

one shoe may large/high Map with a surface titan, very very limited build space - will need to use some unusual strategies to make sure you have enough build space to slowly take on the titan emitter.

snow from for large/high Possibly the worst space restrictions you will ever deal with in a map. No titan emitters, but awkward build directions and practically no room to build. You have enough time to build up early on if you use your energy efficiently, but it gets nasty once all the terrain decays through.

think once toy medium/high Lots and lots of drones. Surface drones, high health drones, and fast drones that all break to the surface with a max drone count of 43.

grass car three small/high Not a truly difficult map since you're in no real danger of losing, but you'll have to use energy efficiently to deal with a 100M intensity emitter on a small map. More or less a much easier version of 'one shoe may'.

None of these maps are experimental maps so they're a nice change from the typical maps that are posted in the impossible maps thread, and they're all possible to beat. There were some other maps that are probably buried somewhere in the other topics, but I can't remember the codes for them.

Jarin

letter night bread, while not impossible, seems to require a really tight build to survive the start.

Kava09

Just updated the list with some new maps :)