AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #893: Master the Chaos

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 245x185

Desc:
A little love to the chaos.

Sorrontis

Really? This is my worst map?

All my maps (11/12) lately get sub 5 ratings.

Have I lost my touch?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

I guess some people just can't handle your style Sorrontis  8)
Map got a 8 from me, I could just see the evil grin on your face when you were building this map though  :P
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

FOXX

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 18, 2017, 12:09:31 AM
All my maps (11/12) lately get sub 5 ratings.

18-9-2017 -> Condensed Milk is up to 5.12 ! [Edit -> Oh, that is the 1 out of 12 -> just Counted]

I'd say most of your maps are challenging [and/or tricky] enough for most players.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Sorrontis

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on September 18, 2017, 02:32:38 AM
I guess some people just can't handle your style Sorrontis  8)
Map got a 8 from me, I could just see the evil grin on your face when you were building this map though  :P

I actually made this map with you in mind :)
And no s*** eating grin. This was meant to be a rather normal map (with the exception of the last "pop").

I'm in the process of making a whole bunch of no- or low-prpl maps. I build them, and publish them.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

FOXX

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 18, 2017, 07:20:28 PM
I'm in the process of making a whole bunch of no- or low-prpl maps. I build them, and publish them.

My guess is that those maps will get better ratings.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Sorrontis

Quote from: FOXX on September 18, 2017, 07:44:02 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: Sorrontis on September 18, 2017, 07:20:28 PM
[close]

My guess is that those maps will get better ratings.

Those were the last 4 maps :'(

GoodMorning

You might be a victim of your own success, Sorrontis - hard maps get low ratings, people getting easier-than-expected-from-you maps are disappointed.

Still, if someone had fun, you have had success. If someone else had fun, you were right to upload it. :)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 18, 2017, 08:18:45 PM
is that those maps will get better ratings.
Those were the last 4 maps :'(
Well, one of them was the 5.13 so i have hopes for the next ones.
And i guess players who don't get the trick behind the Maps don't enjoy them so much so they vote low.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Sorrontis

daniels220

It, uh, would be nice if there were some warning or hint or something that a stupidly powerful emitter is going to appear right in the starting location of your HQ. Of course I had moved it—wouldn't have gotten that far if I hadn't—but in the middle of a giant bubble of struc and a bunch of energy mines seemed like a safe place for it, so I moved it back. Maybe if I hadn't lost it and had to pay the 20sec no-energy penalty, I could have held the struc ring long enough for the mines to finish off the emitter. As it is I had to scramble to (arbitrarily) the top to rebuild, and now can't seem to crack that emitter no matter what I try. I've rebuilt my full fleet, recovered all my amp gems (several were stranded near the emitter by the destruction of their host ships), finished off all other enemy structures, and even with the dischargers available as "bombs" everything just dies so fast I can't get enough lathe time-on-target to even keep up with regen.

In short, I think the low ratings are somewhat justified for an evil twist which, based on a coin toss of otherwise-unimportant HQ positioning, can make the map unwinnable after a good half hour of difficult play.

KingGladiator88

I think its downvoted because its so easy to get to an unrecoverable point. If you dont get the disruptor upgrage for your mines quick enough you can get permanently locked down.

Additionally, the enemy ship can hunt down your ships and kill them quickly if they are stunned down, and can get your Command ship in a permanent death cycle if you dont get setup quick enough.

Sorrontis

Quote from: daniels220 on September 19, 2017, 02:15:55 AM
It, uh, would be nice if there were some warning or hint or something that a stupidly powerful emitter is going to appear right in the starting location of your HQ. Of course I had moved it—wouldn't have gotten that far if I hadn't—but in the middle of a giant bubble of struc and a bunch of energy mines seemed like a safe place for it, so I moved it back. Maybe if I hadn't lost it and had to pay the 20sec no-energy penalty, I could have held the struc ring long enough for the mines to finish off the emitter. As it is I had to scramble to (arbitrarily) the top to rebuild, and now can't seem to crack that emitter no matter what I try. I've rebuilt my full fleet, recovered all my amp gems (several were stranded near the emitter by the destruction of their host ships), finished off all other enemy structures, and even with the dischargers available as "bombs" everything just dies so fast I can't get enough lathe time-on-target to even keep up with regen.

In short, I think the low ratings are somewhat justified for an evil twist which, based on a coin toss of otherwise-unimportant HQ positioning, can make the map unwinnable after a good half hour of difficult play.

Thanks for the review. I sometimes forget that there is some relatively new players that haven't dealt with many of my maps. 

Now that I look at the description, I did forget the #PRPL tag. That's usually a warning enough.

Quote from: KingGladiator88 on September 19, 2017, 03:17:35 AM
I think its downvoted because its so easy to get to an unrecoverable point. If you dont get the disruptor upgrage for your mines quick enough you can get permanently locked down.

Additionally, the enemy ship can hunt down your ships and kill them quickly if they are stunned down, and can get your Command ship in a permanent death cycle if you dont get setup quick enough.

That was the point :D

svartmes

Some people just don't like to lose under any circumstance I guess, which is a shame since many of the best maps will useally require a couple of restarts to get the hang of.
But come on Sorrontis, the low scores on this one you had to seen coming as this one definitely can be frustrating. Personally I thought that this was one of your better maps lately and I both hated it and loved it :) 8 of 10 from me.

Sorrontis

Sometimes, especially when tired, I feel annoyed when seeing three 1 votes within 30 minutes after I upload. I come here to whine :P