Music in the game

Started by thejoe66, September 10, 2015, 12:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejoe66

Was the music we heard in the last video just stock/placeholder music or do you already have someone who will be composing the music for the new game. If you do could you reveal who it is? I would love to hear some of there music.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

dudecon

Yes! The music for CW3 was super fun. Looking forward to hearing the new tracks.
Suggestion though... put a delay between songs. Running music constantly is numbing. Silence punctuated by musical accompaniment is invigorating!

Karsten75

That was music composes by Finn MK for the new game. He also composed the music for Creeper World 3.

https://soundcloud.com/finnmk

Edited to correct typo.

warren

I found the only real problem with the CW3 music is it was too consistent. There was plenty of notes, plenty of melody, plenty of instruments, but it never stopped, or changed character. This created the twin problems of loudness exhaustion (listener fatigue) and disappearing into the background for me.

knucracker

Finn MK definitely did the music for PF and there is a whole soundtrack that will ship with the game that plays behind the missions.  It is fairly varied and includes some live instrumentation this time around.  It's good... I like it. 

thejoe66

Good to hear that Finn MK is coming back for PF I enjoyed his music in CW3 a lot.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

warren

Speaking of soundtracks, there are a few people in this world who like adding game music to their collections. Will the soundtrack be available separately?

4xC

Search "knuckle cracker" on soundcloud and check out the song uploaded by icehawk33. Easy to find on soundcloud, but tricky to google if your search box words are too specific.

If copyrights allowed and necessary negotiations were made to accomodate this into PF... :-X ;D
C,C,C,C

FinnMK

Apologies for my mega-late reply, but I only check the forums every once in a while. As Virgil said, I have returned (very happily!) to score Particle Fleet.

Thanks for the feedback dudecon. I understand entirely. I tend to write pretty active underscore, which definitely has pros and cons. I hope you'll find the Particle Fleet soundtrack a little more varied!

Karsten posted my Soundcloud, but here's a link dump to all my sites across the www.

- - - - -
Home: www.finnmk.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FinnMKMusic
Jamendo: www.jamendo.com/en/artist/478254/finn-m-k
Newgrounds: finnmk.newgrounds.com/
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/finnmk
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/FinnMertinsKirkwood