Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #504: Stonestepper

Author: MuadDib

Desc:
Hop to the top of the waterfall

fitz

You had me, hook line and sinker.

Well done a good map, I shall have to try again now I have worked out the interplay between the dark beam and the mirrors.   8)

jepler

So I solved this map in about 13 minutes, but barely used the dark beam and never used any of the mirrors.  I just wonder whether I'm doing it like the author intended.
Spoiler

I fired the beam for long enough to build a repulsor down next to the AC emitters; this allowed me to keep breathing space within my energy budget.  I built up power generation and then prepared to assault the emitters from the left.

[close]
Edit: used the same method to get started without running out of power, but by using the dark beam I improved my time by about 4 minutes.

Katra

I used blasters to fight my way straight down from the dark beam, then built a whole passel of repulsors. Once I had all the mirrors I used the dark beam to protect my nullifiers while I killed the emitters.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

jepler

No need to fight your way down with blasters
Spoiler
if you have fully upgraded your energy capacity, you can run the dark beam enough to clear the bottom row of creeper, build a single repulsor, and have it kick up enough AC to protect the base, all without dipping into your reserves of crystal energy.  This provides enough room to build more repulsors as needed, and retake the entire base of the screen. I suspect, but don't know for certain, that this is quicker than using blasters.
[close]

Snowb1

Great Map!... I just wanna know how it was done is less then 3min???