Custom Map #594: Day 26: Breaking in

Started by AutoPost, December 24, 2011, 01:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #594: Day 26: Breaking in

Author: J

Desc:
Continues my old story, includes some very hard challenges and some easyer parts.

prowl3r

this ones kickin my butt!!! how bout a spoiler to get started with

Zaggy

Great map.  This definitely qualifies as 'epic'.

I could tell a lot of thought went into this map.  It seemed like everything was in the right place.  It was challenging, but fair.

I'm glad that cube was in the middle, or I would've been completely lost!  It looked impossible from first glance, but I figured it out.

Also, as a warning to anyone that hasn't tried this one: You should save a lot because you might discover a better way of doing something and you wished you had an earlier save.  I could see this level getting out of control pretty fast if you don't have a good start.

5/5 stars.

J

HINTS:
playing time = 0:00
Directly move your LS to the lower left and you're able to build 3 shields in the lower left corner
[close]
playing time = 0:00
Start building shields in some pipes so you can build micro-rifts in the ground
[close]
playing time = 0:00 - 15:00
Make sure you don't dig ground where the creeper could exit the pipes
[close]
playing time = 1:00
Shield of the creeper coming from the right side
[close]
playing time = 0:00 - 15:00, read the spoilers above first!
Start heading for the emitter directly (but make sure you have your MRs ready before the creeper cuts of the connection)
[close]
When the nexus spawns
It takes some time before the tentacles are filled with creeper and the drones get agressive, use the time you have to dig the ground under the lowest AC emitter. Let your blasters only fire at drones to save energy
[close]

fitz

Wow. That was tough.

What do I say when my daughter asks me what I did for Christmas  ;)

WileE

the kids are busy playing with their new toys, now it's my turn to play ;D

snowmaker (JM)

I loved this map. Here is a partial help for those struggling.

Spoiler
If you wait until about the 6 minute mark to get a microrift built, on top of the indestructible ground (leading to gateway that will release the packet to break through to the bottom section). Then it's probably too late ;) The only time I engaged the top creeper was on the bottom left corner (top portion of the map).
[close]

fitz

Too true. I eradicated the upper creeper in about 45 minutes before moving on. Very high densities and I ended up with the LS hemmed in in the top left. Not sure I could do it any quicker.

DDarkJared

ok I am stuck.
I can't get a shield built to block the creeper, let alone get a rift built in the lower left corner, before the creeper gets there.
I have tried following the spoilers and get nowhere.  Whats the trick?  The pipe fills before I can get anything built.

J

Tried to move the LS?
Pausing on the first frame will help (hit 'p' on your keyboard after you clicked the map or restart and before clicking for the second time)

SmileyCoder

Most of this map I found extremely good and fun. A thing I didn't like is
Spoiler
Digging the bit beneath the AC emitter in the bottom. That part just seemed to random.
[close]
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

J

Quote from: SmileyCoder on December 28, 2011, 05:17:24 PM
A thing I didn't like is
Spoiler
Digging the bit beneath the AC emitter in the bottom. That part just seemed to random.
[close]
Spoiler
Had to make sure the nexus spawned and you were beating the nexus with normal weapons. But it's pretty easy with tons of anti-creeper.
[close]