Custom Map #281: what???

Started by AutoPost, October 06, 2011, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #281: what???

Author: null

Desc:

burguertime

Is the 2 minutes something score for real? Snowmaker did it in 8, my personal best is 10 minutes... :/
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

oodie

i like this map alot,but i didnt see how you could get 2 minutes...

Kithros

I'm almost completely sure the best times on these involve some kind of bug/hack - it takes approximately 1:30 just to get enough energy to build 4 nullifiers using an optimal number of reactors, and I can't see how you can possibly clear out all the creeper and make space for the nullifiers with that 30 seconds extra.

EDIT: Just for some math - it takes approximately 53.3 seconds for a reactor (including excavation cost but not including packet travel/building time) to pay for itself towards the end, so if you build reactors up till the 1:10 mark you can get up to about +6.55 energy production - this means you will get a total of ~353 energy to use to fuel your entire assault - 210 of which must be spent on nullifiers/capsules leaving only 143. Hypothetically if all your anti-creeper instantly collided with the anti-creeper on the map (completely unrealistic since the majority of the anti-creeper would never reach the creeper), there will be 100K*30*120 creeper excess = 360M. A single launcher shot does at the very best about 10M damage (again unrealistic for every single launcher shot to do optimal damage), leaving about 36 launcher shots to clear out all the creeper - you couldn't have a single launcher firing long enough to get 36 shots off, so 100 energy of your 143 is spent on launchers.... which leaves only enough energy to fire 14 launcher missiles.. so even under completely unrealistic optimal conditions, the 2 minute time is complete BS.

Rikudo Sennin

How did you make the white emitter? :O
I can't seem to find it in the map editor.

Kithros

Quote from: Rikudo Sennin on October 07, 2011, 07:20:58 AM
How did you make the white emitter? :O
I can't seem to find it in the map editor.

Have you gotten the most recent version of the editor? All you should need to do is put in a negative density/max density onto a normal emitter.

remann810

i think 2 minutes is hack/cheat.
my personal record is 11:52,2

Cavemaniac

Nice example of the 'Less is More' approach.

Simple map, which I would grade as 'easy' - good for beginners or a quick thrash during a break.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Henrik

What is the problem doing this map under 3 minutes? I don't have any bugs or use any cheats (how do you cheat?).

Build 4 reactors in the beginning, move the city upwards, then 2 more reactors, than 2 more (you can't build them all at once). Then you have 8 reactors and +2 in the powerbar. Put 2 nuclear at the right two emittors, then 2 more nuclear at the left ones, and finally 1 nuclear at the friendy emittor. And of course, collect the capsule. If you cannot figure out how to do u must be newbies or just extremely slow.

DethbyIT

"If you cannot figure out how to do u must be newbies or just extremely slow."

Actually, I have not yet been able to figure out how to build anything in the middle of creeper fields.
Perhaps you and the rest of these sub-three minute scorers can explain that?
dbit

dp2112

Every map has it's "best" solution.  There is no hack to get a 2 minute time.  Build enough reactors to supply 2 nulifiers at a time.  Move your ship close to the next 2, build 2 more nulifiers.

mthw2vc

There is no hack, but there is a bug involved. In this case, the "best" solution as you define it requires use of an outdated version of CW2.

dp2112

Touche, you are right.  I tried it agian and it took me 2 hours and 17 minutes.