Custom Map #2025: Running Waterwheels

Started by AutoPost, February 26, 2013, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

Bongo

I really like most of your maps, but what's the deal with putting high score gems behind massive amounts of Ore?

This is like the fifth map where you have done this and it's getting kind of annoying. Do you just hate the scoring system and want the people who upgrade the Ore Digging Efficiency the fastest to get the best score instead of the people who actually finish the map quickest? :P

Just wondering.

Grauniad

Quote from: Bongo on March 04, 2013, 02:03:53 AM
I really like most of your maps, but what's the deal with putting high score gems behind massive amounts of Ore?

This is like the fifth map where you have done this and it's getting kind of annoying. Do you just hate the scoring system and want the people who upgrade the Ore Digging Efficiency the fastest to get the best score instead of the people who actually finish the map quickest? :P

Just wondering.

Just as an FYI, Ore Digging Efficiency creates more AC from the same amount of ore. It does not make the Ore Diggers operate faster. So in a weird way it would make sense to not select this, since it would be easier to get rid of smaller quantities of AC than large quantities.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

the ore blocking gems basically makes you choose either
a: a fast time, or
b: a high score, or
c: both, if you want to replay it after setting a fast time, and replay for the high score,
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ShadowDragon7015

Also as i've mentioned in other places I try to do it for Fitz.  :)
Fitz has played through some of those and had the top score at 400 something minutes. ;D
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

pepekill

Quote from: AutoPost on February 26, 2013, 07:01:06 PM
This topic is for discussion of map #2025: Running Waterwheels

Author: ShadowDragon7015

Desc:
ok once you kill all the blue and in the last room on the left hand side what triggers the block with the little blue x to go so yu can finnish the room

teknotiss

a dig packet from a drone/phantom gateway, also it cannot send a dig packet through anti-creeper.
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ShadowDragon7015

Not sure if its mentioned but I thought i would restate it but after four or 5 waves of phantoms they become anti-creeper phantoms.

gdunlap

I can't figure out how to get the creeper out of the center of the four impenetrable blocks.  Any suggestions?

Grauniad

I have not looked at this map in detail, but usually when mortars or cannon fire at creeper in a cell adjacent to terrain with embedded creeper, they may cause some collateral damage to the embedded creeper. Mortars obviously cause more damage than cannon.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

ShadowDragon7015

You aren't supposed to get it out i have things running at high levels of creeper so that is just a runoff spot. the mission is acquisition.

Neoshade

I accidentally blew up the portal in the final room...
And forgot to save.
Good map though

fitz

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on March 04, 2013, 08:07:56 PM
Also as i've mentioned in other places I try to do it for Fitz.  :)
Fitz has played through some of those and had the top score at 400 something minutes. ;D

Missed this. I must admit to liking rather esoteric or eccentric maps, puzzles (yum), races (various) and silly challenges (ea3401) rather than epic time critical macho battles (*****). If it takes time and I suspect nobody else has the time or patience then that is good (my little Welsh friend will find appropriate references for this).

Thanks for your maps and thoughts, if you feel like starting a family ... I appreciate it.

Fitz xx