Custom Map #1390: Dreep On.

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2012, 04:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1390: Dreep On.

Author: Chevymisty

Desc:
(My Second Map) Just hope you Enjoy.

Shanglion

The only reason I didn't like this map is because is way to easy to get to the end and, lose because you accidently get your dark mirrors destroyed. (I reserve the right to rage quit because of something like that.)

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Shanglion on August 29, 2012, 04:48:25 AM
The only reason I didn't like this map is because is way to easy to get to the end and, lose because you accidently get your dark mirrors destroyed. (I reserve the right to rage quit because of something like that.)

I knew that was a potential issue and saved every time I moved a mirror. But I do to some extent agree.

Other then that, I like the map.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Nate Dog

I'm pretty sure the 2 mirrors you get before the tech can be kept completely safe with no problem while gathering the tech, after that you can build as many as you need. Great map, really enjoyed it!

RealAndy

Really well crafted map.  I had no problem with the mirrors, could be replaced once I had the tech.  I found it quickest to use c-bombs on the last rooms.

Shanglion

Quote from: Nate Dog on August 29, 2012, 03:25:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the 2 mirrors you get before the tech can be kept completely safe with no problem while gathering the tech, after that you can build as many as you need. Great map, really enjoyed it!
It's not an issue if you're focused but, i'm not as patient as I need to be. and if they get destroyed before you get the tech there's no way to finish.

Sebine

Abusive content deleted and the user has received a permanent posting ban. -G.

teknotiss

Quote from: Shanglion on September 02, 2012, 02:05:24 AM
Quote from: Nate Dog on August 29, 2012, 03:25:09 PM
It's not an issue if you're focused but, i'm not as patient as I need to be. and if they get destroyed before you get the tech there's no way to finish.
ctrl+c = quick save and ctrl-v = quick load.   ;)
loads fewer rage quits since i was told that one   :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Bongo

It was a little bit boring, but maybe that's just me after finishing about 500 maps. Also I like challenging maps, and this map was too newbie friendly.

The only real problem is that in the Ore filled room you have to leave the Gateway alive to dig through the solid rock. I bet that one of the next 10 comments will be 'How do I get out of the gold room'. If you expect everyone who plays a map to be intelligent, observant (and experienced), you will be sorely disappointed. :P A field viewer would have been nice too.

(Wow, what did that guy do to get a permanent posting ban from just one comment?)

teknotiss

Quote from: Bongo on September 04, 2012, 12:09:48 PM
(Wow, what did that guy do to get a permanent posting ban from just one comment?)
he was really rude on his first post, then really rude in his second post as a response to me reporting his rudeness. third post was just unpleasant, i guess number four was really rather rude, but i didn't see it.
i mean REALLY rude too  ;)
i like this forums no "horror trolls" policy, much nicer than some forums, cheers for deploying the ban hammer when appropriate

nice one dude  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

greenishblue

What am I missing on this map? I'm stuck at the two blue-x indestructible blocks. I've left the Gateway to no avail. I can't see any other avenue out.

From the other comments, it sounds like I'm missing something obvious, but i can't figure out what it could possibly be.

Bongo

Sometimes I'm so psychic it scares me. (Read 3 comments up. ;) )

Good Luck!

teknotiss

Quote from: greenishblue on September 04, 2012, 10:11:31 PM
What am I missing on this map? I'm stuck at the two blue-x indestructible blocks. I've left the Gateway to no avail. I can't see any other avenue out.

From the other comments, it sounds like I'm missing something obvious, but i can't figure out what it could possibly be.

some gateways dig solid terrain (if said terrain has a blue "x" on it) but only if there is no Anti-Creeper in the way, repulse or vacuum the AC to allow the Dig packet to reach the dig site. be ready for it though! hope this helps  8)

Quote from: Bongo on September 05, 2012, 12:12:36 AM
Sometimes I'm so psychic it scares me. (Read 3 comments up. ;) )

Good Luck!

quite agree!   ;D