Custom Map #1297: Creep Bomb

Started by AutoPost, July 19, 2012, 01:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1297: Creep Bomb

Author: Viper

Desc:
Viper Tech proudly presents....Creep Bomb! Have you ever played with C-Bombs and thought, man it sure would be nice to see the creep do the same, well now it can!

viper00900

Hi, since I know people read theses, would some of you neg voters please post why you are voting down?  I can't make the map better without your comments
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

Basketti

Helper

@Viper -
I haven't been able to figure out why some maps draw the abundance of negative votes.
This one does require a little bit of thinking to make it work and that seems to be one of the common symptoms.

I've seen so many mindless "slog-fest" games gets 90% Yes votes, which I've yet to figure out.

Your games are fun to play and I look forward to seeing new ones from you.

Keep up the good work.
(Will have to give this one another go. I was well into the assault of the Creeper mass before I remembered how I should have approached it.)

viper00900

I didn't think this one was all that hard, maybe they voted down because its not a speed map like my others?  Idk, I'm glad for the comments though.

Helper

Significant voting changes as more have played it.
Last night it was 2:1 down and this morning it is slightly plus on the up side.

Karsten75

No real challenge. Just pound the creeper for some  amount of time. Can't see how one would lose. Might even try it without any fighting and just sit there and wait out the creeper destruction.

Fail to see the similarity to a C-Bomb.

viper00900

Oh, well I meant the explosion factor.  Votes really don't bother me, it's the lack of comments that get me, some maps have lots of views but only one or two comments, it doesn't make since

teknotiss

did you mean "sense"?
if so it's because most players don't make comments at all, good or bad.
shame they don't, but it's the way it is  :(
don't let it bother you too much, just make more maps dude  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

viper00900

yeah I meant sense >< fail..... okay I will make more maps :D

toastkid

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 20, 2012, 10:30:05 AM
No real challenge. Just pound the creeper for some  amount of time. Can't see how one would lose. Might even try it without any fighting and just sit there and wait out the creeper destruction.

Fail to see the similarity to a C-Bomb.
I agree, it's just a slog.  Loads of missiles firing into the creeper for ages, while i move the shields back gradually until the anti creeper balances out the creeper.  No real challenge, just a lot of waiting.

Don't mean to sound ungrateful, just giving feedback :)

HAZ

nice map. but not much challenge.

Helper

Quote from: HAZ on July 25, 2012, 01:00:05 PM
nice map. but not much challenge.

The "challenge" is in how long you take to complete it. Just for grins, try to beat the average time posted (about 24 minutes).

tijno77