AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #263: Reactor 26

Author: Magirus
Size: 451x451

Desc:
Use rock burn for disconnected reactor to land

Argonwolf

Helios

The map layout is almost artistic, "lines" can get a bit confusing at times though. Took me a while to figure out I should burn some of them with the rock burner.

I also like the custom ships with those fish-like shape, although they probably have more particle beams than necessary.

All things considered, a very good map.

fumbuckle

Very laggy for me as well. Maybe it will get better if the land is all mired, that seems to be a big source of lag. Does plasma cause lag too? I like the idea of the map, but I'm not sure I will finish it when it plays at 1/10 speed.

Helios

I'm guessing it's because of the 4000+ particles generating plasma as they move, not the plasma itself but the process of plasma generation caused the lag.

Nuhages

Hey!

I tried to build a map with 6k limit .... Killed my computer to.
But when I was looking for some kind of grid to build I noticed the "no music" option.
I must say it worked better than I thaugt it would.
Still the 6k limit makes it lag but it obviously better without music.
I made a dream ... was map making on CW4

Argonwolf

Don't take my first post the wrong way. I enjoyed every second of the two and a half hours it took me to get a 30 minute time on this map!

But jokes aside, I gave this map a very high rating because, lag or not, it's beautiful and well-designed, as well as very challenging. I feel like it should be the final boss mission in the campaign on account of how hard the core is to defeat and how it kind of looks like what I imagine the Particulate "mainframe" might look like.

Doug

traisjames

I think this is my most favorite map of the game.  I have spent about 5 game hours and 10 RL hours on the level to get a time of over 2 hours.  Now I am going to try and beat it faster.  Never done that with any other map!

CyberDyneSystems

Definitely a favorite,  just found it again, and love it.