Custom Map #10009: Overlord. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, April 30, 2022, 06:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10009: Overlord

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 140x140

Desc:
It's a doodle map, Cuz I was Bored Has Some CRPL by Grabz and Builder17, Go thank them If you liked this map Strafers Are Very Good At maintaining Your assault, But Terrible at holding the Fortress you Land in I'll go give some Tips at the Forum, If anyone finds this thing hard Everyone Can beat the score I made, I just was an Extreme turtler, Expect it to be Beaten at like 20 or 25, Not the 55 that I got Anyways......Enjoy! #crpl #strafer #spores #digitalis #norunners

Dark6al3a

DON'T OPEN THIS TIP UNLESS YOU REALLY ARE STRUGGLING WITH THE MAP! IT WILL REMOVE MOST OF THE CHALLENGE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Spoiler
Make sure to send a Guppy to supply the Strange object in the Centre of the World, That will Trivialize most of the Early game, And the Object in your Fortress too
[close]

The Tips underneath this will make the map easier, But not that much

Spoiler
Place a good amount of beams at the Edges of your fortress, C.Bombers and Spores will Activate Quickly, And there's an OP Spore tower at the Corner of the map, It will activate later, But it will storm you with an Insane amount of spores
[close]

Spoiler
Strafers are really good at weakening Creeper in your assault, as the Artifact in the Centre Will Flood the Map with AC
[close]

Spoiler
You have to act very Quick at the Beginning of the map, Otherwise you'll get overwhelmed in No time
[close]
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

D0m0nik

Really enjoyed this map, looks great and the game play was challenging throughout. Really liked the terrain as well.

Funnily enough though I don't follow any of your spoilers!

Spoiler

No needfor a guppy as can be connected with relays if you concentrate on the emitter with the wall round it and get some cannons and a sprayer just south east of it.
Don't need loads of beams, take out the above mentioned emitter and put a beam on it.
With some many PZs to free up Cannons set to digitalis on PZs are the way forward, I find starfers a waste of power.
3 more mortors and that fort will hold for ever thanks to the 10 high wall!
[close]

Just goes to show how there are so many ways to play this game!

Dark6al3a

That's this game's strength!
a thousand ways to complete a Level!

Spoiler
My strat was to spam strafers and PZ strafers to carpet bomb the Map, Then use the AC device to Flood the Map and Build Nullifiers from PZ to PZ

And about holding the Fort, I used the guppy to supply the ACOB( ? ) Then built a few mortars and Sprayers, Berthas Weren't that Important, They were just a way to help  you in a tough situation

I didn't use cannons as they were mostly obstructed by the Terrain, and instead used strafers to kill digi
[close]

Also, How do you rate this map's difficulty ? 1 to 10
I have problems to balance my maps, I finish em real quick but struggle to balance em

I called this thing Overlord as I spammed way too much strafers and the AC rain made me feel like an air force commander or something....
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

Helper

Missed this one when it came out, but will give it a go now.

Looking at the score, I think Yum has been hanging around.
;)
H