Main Menu

co-op mode

Started by F0R, May 31, 2010, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F0R

any chance this game will get a co-op mode

Karsten75

* Karsten75  gazes into a crystal ball...

No.

F0R

but how would people like it?

Kamron3

* Kamron3 glazes onto crystal donut...

No

Echo51

We will get "minges/people that screw it up for other people", also, if one person lacks the skill for the level, it will be lost :P
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

F0R

there are alot of people at least half decent to creeper world

OSA

multiplayer competing/coop would be awesome!

creeper killer

a few months ago I was thinking of a way that this game could multiplayer
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Gryten

I think a co-op mode would be interesting, especially if you could combine grids and send packets to each other's buildings.

Twi

Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

pi4t

Perhaps with a battle ranking system, according to the number and difficulty of maps you win, and your score. Perhaps different maps for different numbers of players, and the person setting up the game selects the number of players, then the map, then the minimum battle ranking, and finally any description eg 'I am an experienced player, and am willing to teach a new player the tricks of play.' Perhaps a higher battle ranking could unlock harder maps, and more options, and you might not be able to make a minimum below your own level. This would give an encouragement for players to increase their ranking. You shouldn't lose ranking due to losing a map, or people would just get discouraged. A competitive multiplayer would be fun too, where you need to power up the rift totems with your own colour of packet, perhaps being able to sabotage your enemy's network. Network Creeper emitters would be fun. They might link to relays like other relays do and when powered would emit creeper. If they have no power for more than, say, 10 seconds, they are destroyed. Of course, they will fairly quickly destroy the relay that powers them, and get destroyed, but if you get it right they will have already done quite a bit of damage to your enemy's network!

L'ythelle

I think one player should be Odin City and the other the Creeper.

Creeper could have its own home base and instead of Collectors and Relays, be able to build Pipes and Joints (Tee,El,Cross).

Instead of Speed Tech, a Pressure function to speed the flow.

Storage would be similar.

Instead of reactors, Creeper could build little factories to manufacture the ooze. Lack of volume would be similar to energy starvation.

Indstead of Blasters, Mortars, SAMs, and Drones, Creeper could have Steady Stream Emitters (SSEs), Pulsating Emitters (PEs), Intermittent Emitters (IEs), and a mighty Spore Cannon.

Creeper and OC could use the same land because Creeper would be underground.

The game could be introduced with a limited number of maps, maybe only 10 or 15 because much of the variation would come from the choices the players make in the course of the game. The starting locations could be random or user determined. Of course map-making would be a feature.

Being the bad guy could be fun. It would require a whole different mindset to play, but the controls would be similar to OC.

I expect Virgil could implement something like this in his spare time by September ....... of 2015.  ;D

J

I think the 'wall idea' is good with some extra's.
If one player destroy creeper the creeper will be generated by the other player, but it increase. (if p1 shoot 1 creeper p2 will get 1,1) Some creeper will becreated in start.

E L T L E W E L T L E
L L L L L W  L L L L L
L L L L L W  L L L L L
H HOH HW H HOH H
L L L L L W  L L L L L
L L L L L W  L L L L L
E L T L E W E L T L E

E = emitter
L = land with 0,2 creeper
T = totem
O = OC
H = high land to safe OC