Custom Map #10977: Bonus PAC map 3 - Joker map. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, December 05, 2023, 06:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10977: Bonus PAC map 3 - Joker map

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 200x120

Desc:
This map is just a joke. Many thanks to Rennervate / AlexX for the PAC files, and for information on how to use them. Thanks to Mr. builder17 for useful tips. I'd appreciate your feedback in the forums... #PAC #Play As Creeper

stdout

Martin Gronsdal

Spoiler
punch a hole in the AC pool... There's a sprayer there... and it's hungry... or maybe thirsty?
[close]

many thanks for playing

stdout

Martin Gronsdal

Spoiler
did you get the extra PZ? place a spore tower there and go straight for the CN...
[close]

stdout

There are no PZs on this map except the ones on the island in the northeast.

stdout

Well, I found the answer.

Spoiler
There are two invisible CRPL cores under the top 2 relays. They need to be fed AC and once they are full they will die and leave behind PZs.
[close]

spirix

what is it with those hidden things? There are no hints or whatsoever how to solve such map without asking here in the forum. Personally, I dislike that as it's not the way I prefer to play maps. I'm gonna rate it 3 for the effort, but you won't get a 10 from me for hidden things without hints to solve.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: spirix on December 07, 2023, 04:34:23 AMwhat is it with those hidden things? There are no hints or whatsoever how to solve such map without asking here in the forum. Personally, I dislike that as it's not the way I prefer to play maps. I'm gonna rate it 3 for the effort, but you won't get a 10 from me for hidden things without hints to solve.

OK.

S-nut

Its not just "ok"

I like this game and I appriciate Map-maker like you.
But hidden rules? Thats not a challenge from tactics and stratigcs its just a search for things that I dont know they exist.

I stopped playing your normal maps (not #pac) because of this.
I just ignored them, even when the look intresting. I see them and then I see the author "Martin Gronsdal" and think "no, thats one of the frustrating maps, where it will be probably a solution, but its just luck to find them and not skilled thinking" and I left them alone.

But now you are making #pac - maps and I really love #pac, so I gave it a try. And here I am to lookin in the forums again, what  I am not getting, not seeing ..... and it is the same. I din't saw it because its not there, its just a hidden thing, just luck to find it, no brain was needed, no learning curve there because its random.

Please (at least), give a hint in the description, that there is something to search. Or better: makeing a map thata not need asymetric information and its solvable whith a reasonable amount of thinking instead of luck. I for one would apriacte it. Btu I understand, its your work to making a map and therefore you can of course do what ever pleases you, I get that too.

Martin Gronsdal

teknotiss

bit more light necromancy... and i have read about the secret...

but i think the cprl is broken or something for me...

Spoiler
i flooded the area under the top two relays with AC... left it for ages!  but nothing happened.
[close]

so sadly i guess i don't get to do this one!

might go run it in the editor and see if i can see the result of the cprl i suppose... just a few more maps to play first ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

stdout

If memory serves, the
Spoiler
AC needs to come from the CN as packets
[close]

teknotiss

Quote from: stdout on March 21, 2024, 10:17:33 AMIf memory serves, the
Spoiler
AC needs to come from the CN as packets
[close]

right... ok, off to rethink this one again i guess!

cheers dude! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus