Is creeper world like the immune system in the human body?

Started by stoey, May 28, 2015, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoey

its just because  i had a dream the other night... where, neurons in my brain are sending energy packets to each other, and building little cannons in case a brain tumor appears

can anybody relate?

Karsten75

I'm sure that with Digitalis to represent the spreading tumor, one could make a pretty neat map that way. :)

Asbestos

If you represented an infected cell with an emitter, and represented uninfected cells with flipmitters that can only flip once (to the infected side) you might be able to make a pretty good model of how an infection spreads, and be able to play as the immune system with a bit of CRPL score-foolery to make it so you get a higher score with more cells saved.

Tyler21

Apart from some obvious scientific facts (such as neurons can't fight against tumors, the brain does not have a 'central' unit, etc) I find the idea interesting.

Sometimes I also find similarities between the structure of an abstract neural network and an energy grid in CW, especially when there are some PZ units that have more and longer connections.

Unfortunately, that is the only similarity because they work very-very differently and you would have to write a very computationally demanding script in CRPL to simulate even the most simplistic neural network.

Most importantly - what makes a neural network really neural - you would have to implement dynamic 'weights' between every cell. That is, the connections between every two cells should be dynamic: if many packets travel through a particular connection, the connection should be stronger, making it easier to carry further packets and if a connection is barely used it should be weakened. You can quickly realize that the existing build is not compatible with the above and a custom script (including custom packet generation + animation) would be very demanding.

However, if you want to simulate a simplistic immune system without any reference to neurons, I think the flipmitter idea would be a nice start. I can't see how energy weapons could be related but AC could represent lymphocytes that can destroy - or even convert - the 'bad' cells. Then you could even create custom weapons that can destroy both C and AC - like some medications do. The freeze AOO also fits this framework. And runners with huge payloads could represent some kind of virus :)

By the way, there is a beautifully designed map with a similar theme that you might find interesting: #1031: Virus attack by Tobimoe.
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

stoey

Quote from: Tyler21 on May 29, 2015, 02:21:10 AM
Apart from some obvious scientific facts (such as neurons can't fight against tumors,

oh ok well it can be neurons fighting a bad idea (creeper)

Asbestos

Quote from: stoey on June 03, 2015, 05:00:12 AM
Apart from some obvious scientific facts (such as neurons can't fight against tumors,

oh ok well it can be neurons fighting a bad idea (creeper)
Pretty sure that's not how it works.

Maybe something like the immune system fighting off a general miasma spreading across the body, the spread of which is abstractly represented by creeper? Or something.

stoey

Quote from: Asbestos on June 03, 2015, 05:52:19 AM

Pretty sure that's not how it works.

oh ok, well for me, symbolically, creeper represents negative thoughts, annoying passive aggressive people in life i have to deal with on a daily basis.

And its a organised neural network to attempt to nullify these negative sickly expansive elements.  u dig?

stoey

By the way, there is a beautifully designed map with a similar theme that you might find interesting: #1031: Virus attack by Tobimoe.

So ah Tyler man, how do I download this map? through steam?............ if its steam its a nogo- the program it self does not like me.

miquelfire

Use Colonial Space.

Note, current version is 2.08, so if you don't have that version, Update

stoey

Quote from: miquelfire on June 12, 2015, 09:26:19 AM
Use Colonial Space.

Note, current version is 2.08, so if you don't have that version, Update

ok thanks mate