can not play my own map!!!

Started by kane, December 27, 2009, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kane

can someone PLZ help me.
i try to deploy the map bvut it just never works... can anyone help me? ??? :'(

Aurzel

maybe your game version isnt up to date to your map maker version?
what version does it say in the bottom left hand of the main menu when you start the game?

kane

it is  0314 i know it is up to date...

Aurzel

how doesnt it work? just part of it or is there an error message or something?

knucracker

I received two maps from you that were the same thing.  The first was titled "KANE!!!" and the other looked like a test post as it was just titled "asdf" and had the same map attached to it as the first.  I loaded up your map fine.  I've not posted it yet, though, since I didn't want to flood too many maps out at once and push the newer maps down in the list too fast.

In v0314 of the game just make sure you click custom maps, import map, and then select the .cwm file you created.  Also ensure that the map file hasn't been altered or corrupted by accident or something like that.  The map you sent me is 47032 bytes big.

Also, you can load the map up in v0314 of the map editor and click "Deploy Working Map to Game".  This will make the game have a "Launch You Custom Game" button on the main menu that when clicked will launch your game.

If none of this works for you, just describe in more detail what isn't working for you and I and others may be able to help.

kane

the deploy does not work and i do not see any custom map setting in the main menu of it is it supposed to be there when i first get the whole thing?
and srry bout the 2 maps

knucracker

No problem on the double upload of the map....

If your game version reads 0314 but you don't have the custom maps button on the main menu, it is because you patched the game with the latest version but then replaced the main.swf with the older version after the patch.

kane

kane

o well anyway IDC anymore ill just make maps for u guys XD

EDIT:
k NVM i do want to play my own maps so i tried to re-update but i do not understand what i need to do can u please explain it to me?

jecowa

Try uninstalling the Creeper World Demo and then installing the full version of Creeper World. You can't use the updater on the demo version because the updater only works properly on the full version.

kane

k i finally got it working. but i do have a question.
when will my map be put up? i got a new PC and now i can not seem to get my map back... i really wanna try it out

Kamron3

Deploy Map
In side of Creeper World click "Play Custom Map" (or something similar) and it will work.

_k

Karsten75

Quote from: kane on March 27, 2010, 01:27:51 PM
k i finally got it working. but i do have a question.
when will my map be put up? i got a new PC and now i can not seem to get my map back... i really wanna try it out

Have you submitted a map to knucklecracker? There's no indication that you recently uploaded a map.

kane

yes.... i did liek 3 or 4 months ago...
o and here is the proof i will just paste it so u do not have to look up...

virgilw
Administrator

Re: can not play my own map!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:21:11 pm »
I received two maps from you that were the same thing.  The first was titled "KANE!!!" and the other looked like a test post as it was just titled "asdf" and had the same map attached to it as the first.  I loaded up your map fine.  I've not posted it yet, though, since I didn't want to flood too many maps out at once and push the newer maps down in the list too fast.

In v0314 of the game just make sure you click custom maps, import map, and then select the .cwm file you created.  Also ensure that the map file hasn't been altered or corrupted by accident or something like that.  The map you sent me is 47032 bytes big.

Also, you can load the map up in v0314 of the map editor and click "Deploy Working Map to Game".  This will make the game have a "Launch You Custom Game" button on the main menu that when clicked will launch your game.

If none of this works for you, just describe in more detail what isn't working for you and I and others may be able to help.

(this was by virgil)

Karsten75

OK, I'm not going to try and guess. Why don't you spend more than 5 seconds and type out in full sentences exactly what your problem is?

There doesn't seem to be any maps by an author named "Kane" or with that as a title. SO either they got lost in the shuffle somwehere or you gave them a different title or something. If you don't have a copy of them anymore, then they might just be gone.