This topic is for discussion of map #9703: No Tricks n* Beams

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 200x150

Desc:
feedback appreciated

Riskbreaker

wow, the struggle is real haha

a couple inches from the nullifier, and i need a break  :P

and now wondering if it would be easier without upgrading range, and filling the gaps with more shields instead of more sprayers

felt a little frustrating that some ores were very close to emiters and i couldnt get them heh

Lappan

I liked having a map where shields really shine. A fun struggle - I like all (?) of your maps but prefer the ones that don't require ultra-precise timing.
Spoiler
and having the 25-spore cannon was cute since it forced me to keep an eye out for overwhelmed shields that need rebuilding
[close]
Spoiler
Schooled by your previous maps I had a mighty army of always-on sprayers behind the crumbling wall, assuming I had mere seconds before the 40-deep creeper broke through, not realizing that the wall is this time made of adamantium: on another playthrough I can turtle less
[close]

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, once I realized the nature of the wall I just let it run & build up to about 1500-deep AC, just to have an endless supply. It's amazing what that much creeper paired with several hundred sprayers can do. Shields? Who needs shields?  :P

I bet ya can get an even LOWER score if you take away the shields, lol.  ;)
(Although it would be nice to give us at least one blaster... yanno, if you did take away the shields)

Yet another very clever map! I loved it as much as the newbies hated it!

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Johnny Haywire

Exactly!  ;) How low can you go?  :o

(If you DO remake this without shields, you can always just blame me for suggesting it.)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

I wouldn't be able the win it then ;)

play my first CSM map ;)