AutoPost

• Global Moderator
on: September 10, 2021, 07:49:09 pm
This topic is for discussion of map #2325: Gooey mess

Author: MysteryMaster
Size: 320x200

Karsten75

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:29:27 pm
One of those maps that make me truly regret we don't have a "thumbs-down option anymore.

'If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.'

Albert Einstein
(1879-1955)

MysteryMaster

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 01:26:26 pm
Ok buddy.
No need to be so passive-aggressive.
If you don't like the map, just say that.

SteveCarlo

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 01:29:27 pm
some of these ocean maps have become a mess of waves and splashes once you start shooting.  i went really slow to get shields and AC everywhere and used sweeps to knock the creep down.  wasn't as reactive as I thought.   might try it again a little more aggressively

CS Z

Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 11:53:54 pm
Ok buddy.
No need to be so passive-aggressive.
If you don't like the map, just say that.

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I didn't mind this map.  I would have liked to see just a teensy bit more variation in the terrain, but whatever.  I posted a pretty good time by going the airship route.  This map is kind of in the style of NotAProGamer.  Some people really like those maps because they are pretty chill.  And there's nothing better than to end a stressful day by playing a relaxing CW4 map where I can whack away at some creeper.

The community has gotten kind of angsty lately - probably because the new map publishing rate has dropped off dramatically.  Remember that we mapmakers are just doing this for the fun and joy of it and aren't getting paid to make stuff for CW4.  Some of us have day jobs and/or school too in real life.