Custom Map #2325: Gooey mess. By: MysteryMaster

Started by AutoPost, September 10, 2021, 07:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2325: Gooey mess

Author: MysteryMaster
Size: 320x200

Karsten75

One of those maps that make me truly regret we don't have a "thumbs-down option anymore.

MysteryMaster

Ok buddy.
No need to be so passive-aggressive.
If you don't like the map, just say that.

SteveCarlo

some of these ocean maps have become a mess of waves and splashes once you start shooting.  i went really slow to get shields and AC everywhere and used sweeps to knock the creep down.  wasn't as reactive as I thought.   might try it again a little more aggressively

CS Z

Quote from: MysteryMaster on September 14, 2021, 01:26:26 PM
Ok buddy.
No need to be so passive-aggressive.
If you don't like the map, just say that.

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I didn't mind this map.  I would have liked to see just a teensy bit more variation in the terrain, but whatever.  I posted a pretty good time by going the airship route.  This map is kind of in the style of NotAProGamer.  Some people really like those maps because they are pretty chill.  And there's nothing better than to end a stressful day by playing a relaxing CW4 map where I can whack away at some creeper.

The community has gotten kind of angsty lately - probably because the new map publishing rate has dropped off dramatically.  Remember that we mapmakers are just doing this for the fun and joy of it and aren't getting paid to make stuff for CW4.  Some of us have day jobs and/or school too in real life.

Brila

Well, that whas a weird experience. Why is the AC flow so uneven?

bernd7

I don't know, while these kinds iof maps are super chill in a way, they also are annoying as in that the creeper and anticreeper almost doesnt flow at all.
I dont know how one even manages to do it since normally crepper and anticreeper are like liquids. but here you can shoot out blocks of creeper and no creeper will flow in to even up the hole.

this can be good but also annoying when you have to move your units around the whole time to go to wherever the next accessibe creeper patch is.

and for someone like me that loves to beat the creeper by outputting a ton of anticreeper and flooding the enemy, well this sucks. the anticreeper jsut sits under the sprayer and wont flow out at all.

not saying this is bad in general but i dont like this creeper behaviour.

gives me flashbacks to that one certain map with you on an island in the middle, void all around. voids filled with that glue like creeper. and you have to slowly platform your wa to the corners.
wait 5 minutes for platform to build, put 2 mortars, 1 sniper, 1 missile launcher. wait 5 minutes for the creeper directly around it to be destroyed.
move 2 inches further with the next platform. rinse and repeat.

god, I considere suicide on that map. and after reaching one map I jsut ragequit when I thought about having to repeat this 3 more times.

long story short: no liquid behavior aint to my taste, make it a bit slower than usual but creepr not moving at all is too weird for my taste :-)