Custom Map #10074: Omacron2_AstraNine XXXX. By: oldnewby

Started by AutoPost, May 29, 2022, 04:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10074: Omacron2_AstraNine XXXX

Author: oldnewby
Size: 224x224

Desc:
Do not let this spitting cobra grow fangs...

oldnewby

Hi AstraNine... It took me weeks to figure out how to move your DMD map to projects... then another week to learn not to play the EDIT version... Yep the EDIT button on the LHS and the PLAY button on the RHS in the Projects tables means just what they say...  After all those silly mistakes... it then took yet another few days to stop it from being way toooooo easy...   Enjoy...

oldnewby

With 83 downloads and only 27 successful to date - Perhaps some players may find a hint or two of use... I sure did...
Recommend playing the map first... and then only looking at as few spoilers as needed... 
Spoiler
Map Time is of the essence - Layout your syphons, collectors, relays, Forge, with multiple reactors and Berthas around your Command node locations and use the  O and C buttons to close everything before starting.
[close]
Spoiler
Start one energy Syphon per Command Unit first - once the first 3 syphons are energized - start all the syphons and the collectors & relays & Forge
[close]
Spoiler
Build critical infrastructure like the Forge and a +handful of Berthas ASAP along with the initial fighting units -
[close]
Spoiler
Once the forge is running... improve energy and building speed... and get serious about building all the rest of those reactors needed for the immense amount of energy to build loads of Berthas - Suggest using the V button so the early game single shot berthas can be individually and carefully targeted and fired.
[close]
Spoiler
By 3-4 minutes - energy production should allow building the XXXX beams that will be needed, soon!
[close]
Spoiler
As things settle down... build all the strafers and bombers...to help the Berthas and the Nullifier for the final assault...
[close]
A last spoiler anyone who really, really, needs help...
Spoiler
I am too old and slow now for fighting in multiple directions while building and moving huge numbers of everything - So old and slow fogies like me must use P (pause) a lot - I prefer to tap the N key for even better 1/30th of a game second control 
[close]