Custom Map #1725: NexioP2 4.5: Backlines. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, July 11, 2021, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1725: NexioP2 4.5: Backlines

Author: Vertu
Size: 500x300

Desc:
There is a lot happening in multiple places... including at this very location. -Nexious story mission.

Vertu

Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Jaap

How are you supposed to finish this?
Can't reach the totems because there are no Omnis and no rock burn.
And it's very hard to mine the totem(?) progenitor on the bottom right because the enemy ships have near infinite heal.
Are you supposed to kill the enemy ships? They respawn very quicly.

Vertu

You are not familiar with the progenitor? The thing to the furthest right, destroy that and you win.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Jaap

Ah yes that's what i meant with "totem (?)"  :)
It's a tall order with those enemy ships and their insane healing, no?

Vertu

I found the overwhelming firepower of the Nexious fleet to be sufficient, the only problem I saw was some of the AI ships chasing an enemy AI ship that went off into deep space. Worst case; your entire ally fleet chases that 1 enemy while the rest of the enemies are on you. This problem exists but is the only reason this mission was possible to create. Also, ramming is a very good method of destroying those nanite healing ships so long the ship is shielded and healthy.

impycat

Is the fleet to the left at the start supposed to be usable?

Vertu

Johnny Haywire

QuoteIs the fleet to the left at the start supposed to be usable?

Yes, they are usable. Click on the ship icon on your left panel and you can use them. I think Vertu may be using a translator, or is in the process of learning English, and so there is a little lost in translation. But anyone learning English as a 2nd language has my respect... and pity too, lol. It's a weird language.  ;)

So far ramming hasn't done much good. The ships move so slowly that the enemy ships are essentially invulnerable. I was disappointed when I rammed a little ship with the big Nexious ship and the little ship smashed right through the oh-so-glorious-looking-but-actually-so-very-weak Nexious ship. The ship looks cool though!

The design of this map seems unnecessary in many ways and just not tested thoroughly for quality control. The most glaring warning sign to me was when I saw the 32 amp gems that have absolutely no use. At all. No tech to add, and no way to mount the gems in ships (lol, why??). That's usually a good sign of a bad thing. Also, the land does not seem to be usable so it's just in the way. That would be fine if the ships were smaller, but they're overly large - almost cartoonish - and so aside from stacking the ships together to make a super-rammer, I'm really not what strategic choices there could be in a map like this. So just build stuff and ram stuff I guess.  ;)

I may try to finish this map later when I have more time to let some of these ships build. But I understand why it's received such low ratings, and this map is clearly designed to frustrate most players (and overheat the average computer too, lol. Play it on a good machine or it'll be painfully laggy). But I look forward to finishing it when I have more time to spare.

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?